Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

you make a good point, nowadays most customers aren't looking for ground pounding bass but something that look and sound good. I wen't to the shop to have them re wire my box and they had a guy come back look in my car and say "Hifonics sucks they a piece of shit", they alslo compare my DC LVL 4's as being a copy of the juggernaught. I told them my coils were duel 1's and they told me that they don't make duel 1's. Also told me, in order to get 3kwrms out of my amp I need to spend $900 and have a yellow top with a capacitor, they bad mouth Kinetic, they bad mouth FI, they only sell memphis products, but they know what there doing and they get the job done rather they talk shit or not they have a lot of experience bottom line is a shops job is to sell you there products, if you don't buy them they'll give you shit and say your equipment sucks, or w.e blah blah blah.

When i had My 2 T3 TSNS 18's on 4 SAZ3k's.. I need'd 6 250a Fuses and My Distro was closed so I went to our Local Shop here

CAR AUDIO INOVATIONS, I went in and Asked for 6 250a Fuses They said For what..?

I said my amps.. He said NO amp needs a 250a Fuse I said Well im running 12krms on 2 18's...

The Owner/ Installer Both Chuckled and Said "SURE"

And they wanted to see/ hear it He lookied at the amps and said REAL 3k Amps would be the size of 2 of these put togther..

So they both got in the truck for a Listen... I Dropped "YOU GOTTI" @ 152.8db's They both ran for the doors and than asked me who the hell installed it, i laughed and said i did... they both looked at eachother and Didnt say another word... lol

Buncha Bafoons!

WWW.OSGINDUSTRIES.COM

I LOVE HATER'S

Posted

:) If you think that's me trying to rape you and be smug then you've never actually had a misunderstanding with me then. I was polite to the best of my knowledge, and I have been on both sides of the fence. I've been the installer in the shop as well as the smart ass know it all customer. Trust me I'd rather be the smart ass know it all customer, but it's unecessary for the shop to talk down to the customer. I wouldn't ever do that nor have I ever. I enjoy spl more than remote starts. That's part of why I'm no longer working in a shop along with the decline in the car audio economy.

and to wit the shops that are true enthusiasts shine and are not run of the mill,and i'm sure you are an enthusiast or else you wouldnt be here..

truly no disrespect to any enthusiast that enjoys any install at a reasonable price,theres just more greedy's than true lovers of the hobby

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

Posted

Honestly, I can see both sides as I used to work at a local spot. But when I go into a shop with all of my stuff installed already and he tells me "Your box is to big, they will jump right out of their baskets. If you want I'll build you one smaller and it will be louder." Then I proceed tell him it's not to big my port just takes up 6 cubes. Then he says that it doesn't matter how much space the port takes up it's still part of the box. My point is if you don't know what you selling or you do and lie to make the sale you shouldn't be in the mobile audio/video industry.

That's like a drug dealer trying to sell some bunk ass weed and telling you to your face it's that purple kush. It just doesn't go very well with me.

Drew

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

Posted

I got a good one for ya. A local shop tells a guy not to run a Sundown saz-3000d because it would be too much power and would blow his subs. They then proceed to try to sell this guy their brand X 3000watt amp claiming how much better it would be for his setup. It's all about marketing and making money. Shop owners will brag, bash, and bullshit about whatever they need to if it makes them money.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Posted

When i had My 2 T3 TSNS 18's on 4 SAZ3k's.. I need'd 6 250a Fuses and My Distro was closed so I went to our Local Shop here

CAR AUDIO INOVATIONS, I went in and Asked for 6 250a Fuses They said For what..?

I said my amps.. He said NO amp needs a 250a Fuse I said Well im running 12krms on 2 18's...

The Owner/ Installer Both Chuckled and Said "SURE"

And they wanted to see/ hear it He lookied at the amps and said REAL 3k Amps would be the size of 2 of these put togther..

So they both got in the truck for a Listen... I Dropped "YOU GOTTI" @ 152.8db's They both ran for the doors and than asked me who the hell installed it, i laughed and said i did... they both looked at eachother and Didnt say another word... lol

Buncha Bafoons!

x fuckin 100k

127702-1.jpg

kinetik-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpgRockford_Logo-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1--2.jpg

Posted

At my shop we do not put down the products we dont carry. I am just there making a living doing what i like to do install. If people are looking for something we dont carry yes i would try to sell them a similar product that we carry if that does not work i would just tell them where they could get it Like everyone else has said you are not going to make any money out of spending 2 weeks to a month to do an spl build when we make three to four times as much money doing a/v and remote starts. If u all get a chance check our site out and look at some of our installs autosoundky.com

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

Posted

When i had My 2 T3 TSNS 18's on 4 SAZ3k's.. I need'd 6 250a Fuses and My Distro was closed so I went to our Local Shop here

CAR AUDIO INOVATIONS, I went in and Asked for 6 250a Fuses They said For what..?

I said my amps.. He said NO amp needs a 250a Fuse I said Well im running 12krms on 2 18's...

The Owner/ Installer Both Chuckled and Said "SURE"

And they wanted to see/ hear it He lookied at the amps and said REAL 3k Amps would be the size of 2 of these put togther..

So they both got in the truck for a Listen... I Dropped "YOU GOTTI" @ 152.8db's They both ran for the doors and than asked me who the hell installed it, i laughed and said i did... they both looked at eachother and Didnt say another word... lol

Buncha Bafoons!

Whats funny is that shop works on a lot of high end cars...sad to see that they were so blind to your needs.
Posted

I understand shops need to make money, but bad mouthing products they know nothing about I find is ignorant. For example, I told them i can get a Alternator for under $600 dollars because I know the guy, and he likes me and it's 250a and he told me, "no way in hell will u find a 250a alternator for under $800 dollars if that was true than I'd buy three of them right now" Well, it's a DC POWER Alternator and if his alternators wasn't good i'm sure it wouldn't be on this siite. Another thing, they told me I don't need a backup battery and Kinetic is garbage I need to go with a capacitor. I don't mind not knowing everything in the book about car audio but when it comes to the basics don't talk to me like i'm a jack ass and what i'm doing to my car is pointless and I don't know what i'm doing I may not be able to install it, but I know what I need to get the job done. If you take your stuff to a new shop, and you tell them about the old shop, they will bad mouth that shop and tell them they fucked up your install and you should of came straight to them. It's all just about making money if your stupid enough to listen to them before doing knowledge they'll rob you. I bought a P600 RF 2 ohm amp, and they told me it would push out 2000 rms, it's a great amp but later down the road from this site I learned it would be no where near 2000 rms and I could of saved that money and bought an actual 2000 rms amp. All the money I spent on car audio from knowing nothing to understanding and learning day by day I spent well over $2 grand. I kick myself in the nuts every day knowing how much money I could of saved and how much sooner my dream system could of been done.

P.S nowadays any1 will say anything to make a quick buck cuz the economy sucks and no1's making any money right now.

Edit: The amp they sold me for was for $350 dollars.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Posted

I wouldn't expect most shops to know what a big 3 is or smd.com It's not practical for shops to do big spl installs, nor is it right for you to criticise thier knowledge. Those guys do what they do for a reason. The systems they sell and the installs they do make them money. There is no money in large spl systems because the customers always expect work to be done at a lower cost than it is acutally needed for the shop to turn a profit. Just because you can build a spl system doesn't mean that you can do a remote start/alarm in a 2009 Cadilac Escalade. Guess what most custom shops can and it's alot harder than screwing some wood together and running a few wires. I've been on both sides of the fence and I think that remote starts, alarms, mobile video, and custom fabrication are way more difficult and profitable than spl installs. Customers don't want ground shaking loud most of the time, they want nice looking good sound. It's not the shops fault they didn't know that stuff and I'm sure that they do know a thing or two about car audio.

AMEN!

the owner of the shop i work at didnt know what the big 3 was, or this site, or Fi, or AA, or DC, or sundown, etc. but, ill tell you this, he can put an alarm in a car in the blink of an eye, has contracts with the state to do goverment vehicles, etc.

we make less money doing fully custom builds then anything else IMO. Not everyone wants, the ground shaking bass as stated, as much as they want clean, professional, crisp and clear sounding music.

Just about any car audio shop will put down your system if you dont have their products. all they want is for you to buy their stuff so they can keep getting a pay check every month

Not with us, if someone comes in and says, blah, blah, blah, what subs do you have or comparisons can you make to my set-up in the similar price range then yea, we will extend our brands, but if someone has you know 2 kicker comp 12's we arent gonna bash him, im an enthusiast, i love everything about car audio, and im not gonna bash anyone equipment, and thats not a good way to get a repeat customer which is honestly most of the work we do.

At my shop we do not put down the products we dont carry. I am just there making a living doing what i like to do install. If people are looking for something we dont carry yes i would try to sell them a similar product that we carry if that does not work i would just tell them where they could get it Like everyone else has said you are not going to make any money out of spending 2 weeks to a month to do an spl build when we make three to four times as much money doing a/v and remote starts. If u all get a chance check our site out and look at some of our installs autosoundky.com

exactly how i wanted to word it.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Posted

P.S nowadays any1 will say anything to make a quick buck cuz the economy sucks and no1's making any money right now.

not true, we have had 3 people come in the past 2 weeks and drop $1500+ onm equipment and installs.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 386 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...