2001 Tahoe: Adding Remote Start?

by the way there should be a black wire that you dont touch take the bypass mod pink/white connect it to the pink yellow or white away from the cylinder take pink with black from the bypass mod and connect that to the pink yellow or white wire towards the cylinder so you have to cut the pink yellow or whit wire

That is kind of what i was getting, wanted to ask before i went cutting, and the yellow wire at the cylinder is the only wire i use, so sounds right

THANKS

2001 Tahoe

Alpine IVA-W505

2 OPTIMA's RED/YELLOW

DUAL ALTs 140/220

(2) HIFONICS BXI1280D

(1) HIFONICS ZXI6408

(4) ALPINE SPR-13S 5.25

(4) ALPINE SPR-17S 6.5

(2) KICKER 15L7 at 1 ohm 4.5 CUBIC@38HZ

ok sorry bro without have the truck in front of my face and the mod itself is kinda hard but i was getting there lol hope it works for you bro

must be nice huh

Did you get this working? are you useing a 555L? 1700G?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Did you get this working? are you useing a 555L? 1700G?

I am using the DLPKGM or trying to. dei says it will work for passlock and pass key. not using the doorlocks or anything on it just for bypass. i know i should have got the 555l but directed site says it will work. Just need to know what is up with the OBD2 wire, and if the status output wire from the alarm goes to the blue/white wire on the bypass. Do i have to cut the yellow vats wire. hook it up to the input on the bypass and then the bypass to the other cut side of the vats wire

2001 Tahoe

Alpine IVA-W505

2 OPTIMA's RED/YELLOW

DUAL ALTs 140/220

(2) HIFONICS BXI1280D

(1) HIFONICS ZXI6408

(4) ALPINE SPR-13S 5.25

(4) ALPINE SPR-17S 6.5

Connect the purple wire from your DLPKGM to the OBD2 wire... purple wire in your obd connector at bottom of dash, pin2. solder this wire.

connect the violet/white wire from the DLPKGM to the purple/white tach wire on your remote start

blue/white from the DLPKGM to the status output from your remote start... blue or blue white.

ping from the DLPKGM to your pink ignition wire

and that should be all the wires you need for remote start off the DLPKGM... we just started using them instead of 555Ls at work.

you do not need to cut your passlock wires with this bypass.

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Connect the purple wire from your DLPKGM to the OBD2 wire... purple wire in your obd connector at bottom of dash, pin2. solder this wire.

connect the violet/white wire from the DLPKGM to the purple/white tach wire on your remote start

blue/white from the DLPKGM to the status output from your remote start... blue or blue white.

ping from the DLPKGM to your pink ignition wire

and that should be all the wires you need for remote start off the DLPKGM... we just started using them instead of 555Ls at work.

you do not need to cut your passlock wires with this bypass.

tahnk you very much.

2001 Tahoe

Alpine IVA-W505

2 OPTIMA's RED/YELLOW

DUAL ALTs 140/220

(2) HIFONICS BXI1280D

(1) HIFONICS ZXI6408

(4) ALPINE SPR-13S 5.25

(4) ALPINE SPR-17S 6.5

tahnk you very much.

[/qu

Got it hooked up but it tries to start then shuts down, what all wires have to be hooked up on that bypass

2001 Tahoe

Alpine IVA-W505

2 OPTIMA's RED/YELLOW

DUAL ALTs 140/220

(2) HIFONICS BXI1280D

(1) HIFONICS ZXI6408

(4) ALPINE SPR-13S 5.25

(4) ALPINE SPR-17S 6.5

tahnk you very much.

Got it hooked up but it tries to start then shuts down, what all wires have to be hooked up on that bypass

Finally got everything working it starts, but brake shutdown does not work, tach shutdown works, hood pin works but brake dont, and also when i put the key in and turn the back and take it out the truck does not shut off

2001 Tahoe

Alpine IVA-W505

2 OPTIMA's RED/YELLOW

DUAL ALTs 140/220

(2) HIFONICS BXI1280D

(1) HIFONICS ZXI6408

(4) ALPINE SPR-13S 5.25

(4) ALPINE SPR-17S 6.5

tahnk you very much.

Finally got everything working it starts, but brake shutdown does not work, tach shutdown works, hood pin works but brake dont, and also when i put the key in and turn the back and take it out the truck does not shut of

Now the only problem is the brake shutdown, i have it hooked up to the white wire on the switch above the brake pedal, the wire does not read 12v when depressed. Is there another wire that will read 12v when pedal is pressed

2001 Tahoe

Alpine IVA-W505

2 OPTIMA's RED/YELLOW

DUAL ALTs 140/220

(2) HIFONICS BXI1280D

(1) HIFONICS ZXI6408

(4) ALPINE SPR-13S 5.25

(4) ALPINE SPR-17S 6.5