Sonic Electronix

im installing amp in a 2005 pontiac g6. the owner wants to keep the stock radio. i tried getting 12 volts form the fuse box but thats not working. were can i get a 12volt source for the amp remote turn? the owner doesnt want mw to cut into the ingtion wire

cant you run a large gauge wire straight from the battery, put it to a little switch that the user can access while driving, and run the other end of the switch to the amp. and that can be an amp turn on/off switch.

hmm tell him its not like its going to hurt the car as long as u do the job right and u can always put it back to how it was... i forgot how i did it when i had my stock deck this was a while back sorry

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Can you not splice into the wiring connected to the factory radio? normally that's what I do when someone wants to keep the factory stereo.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

cant you run a large gauge wire straight from the battery, put it to a little switch that the user can access while driving, and run the other end of the switch to the amp. and that can be an amp turn on/off switch.

Yeah because a little switch won't melt with the amount of current an amp will draw :01nocomment8so:

A better bet would be to run a small wire from the +12v terminal of the amp to a small switch then back to the REM terminal. That way you could turn it on and off without your car catching fire.

But just find something on the ACC circuit and tap into that. The ciggy lighter is usually a good place to start.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

A better bet would be to run a small wire from the +12v terminal of the amp to a small switch then back to the REM terminal

^^ i did that lol it worked out fine

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

A better bet would be to run a small wire from the +12v terminal of the amp to a small switch then back to the REM terminal

^^ i did that lol it worked out fine

thatll work fine. just make sure the user knows if he doesnt turn the switch off he will drain the battery. the wire from the battery would work just fine too.

Roseville, CA

thatll work fine. just make sure the user knows if he doesnt turn the switch off he will drain the battery. the wire from the battery would work just fine too.

thanks for the help guys. i ran a wire from the fuse box in the trunk to a switch in the front and then to the amp.

Archived