Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

How I Carpet Boxes


Forevrbumpn

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ive posted a few threads like this before, but since then we've had maybe 3000 new members? lol

SO anyways, I have been installing on the job, and off the job- side jobs, etc etc now since 96ish. But one thing I cant do is carpet good. I have done Chris technique for seamless carpet jobs, and it works, but me I have broken my knuckles a few time when I was younger, and that technique is very painful to my hands. So over the years I have came up with just painting are carpeting side caps, and trim rings around ports. To me it looks flawless, clean, and says something about the install- Not prefab.

When I worked for Nor Cal Customs out here in Sac a couple years back, I built most of the display boxes on this principle, and its what sold on the sales floor, even though they were twice the price of the prefab boxes from the bigger companies, and like 4 times the cheapy pre fabs

So if your tired of carpeting, try this trick......

DSCN0703.jpg

DSCN0704.jpg

DSCN0705.jpg

DSCN0706.jpg

DSCN0707.jpg

DSCN0708.jpg

DSCN0709.jpg

DSCN0710.jpg

DSCN0711.jpg

the little open area on the side, with the red glue, I did fill that in with carpet, I didn't realize if would have like 1/8th gap there. Did that for both sides

The caps, and port trim piece is just MDF rounded over, painted with rhino liner, then painted over with a glossy black, usually I clear coat it, but the gloss black was good enough.

Also, what little carpet cutting I did do, I had no box cutter or other knife, I was bare finger to razor back side for like 45 mins, and this is that extra thick stretchy carpet

BTW Thanks again Chris for the carpet, always hookin a brotha up in times of need :friends:

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

never thought of that, good idea but why not make the piece under the black one a whole solid piece ?

DSCN0705.jpg

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Posted

lookin good bro

2001 chevy blazer xtreme

my blazer xtreme build

On top of all that, my little sister is marrying a real fuckin winner tomorrow

I've gotten that much wood just viewing this thread. :blush:
Posted

I usually do make it a solid piece, this is a time I just didn't have enough wood, those sides are 15.5"tall x 20" deep

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

damn that looks pretty good.

i might do that to my new box just to make it look better, i really like how that looks.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Posted

thanks guys ;-)

I will post more in a minute. I did delete like 100 pics from photobucket since I have been exceeding my max... damn 750+ pics

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

DSCI0008.jpg

mofo1.jpg

mofo2.jpg

mofo4.jpg

vettebox1.jpg

Image032.jpg

trio2.jpg

this box was for 3- 10"s Memphis M1s, and a MC1000 mounted in the back, and the port fired over the amp to help keep it cooled down

trio10.jpg

Image226.jpg

recessed terminals

Image198.jpg

DSCI0199.jpg

transmission line with a Sony Explode, for behind the truck bench seat... I don't care what anyone says about Sony, in this box in that small truck, it was pretty damn loud and low

DSCI0051-1.jpg

DSCI0072.jpg

well, I will leave it at that

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted
:blink::clapping: :clapping: very nice work bro. cant wait till i have the $$ to get one of those sexy things.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9328 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...