I have a 1997 chevrolet S10 that has a vortec v8 5.7 and i would like to lower it and do a body kit? I would like to go as low as i can without any problems. What would you sugguest doing? I heard you could just cut the front springs and flip over the leaf springs? any ideas?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Front could do drop spindles and lowering springs and the rear you could do blocks or leafs and blocks. If you want to go lower then say 5" you should do bags front and rear. Dont really need a notch in the rear unless you wanna lay body or frame. How hard was the 5.7 swap and what was the engine out of? Thanks

Edited by LoudBlazer

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

Front could do drop spindles and lowering springs and the rear you could do blocks or leafs and blocks. If you want to go lower then say 5" you should do bags front and rear. Dont really need a notch in the rear unless you wanna lay body or frame. How hard was the 5.7 swap and what was the engine out of? Thanks

The 5.7 swap was crazy my father put a vette motor in his tahoe and gave me the 5.7 Dont ask about the install cause i didnt even bother to install it.

Now the the crazy michigan roads with potholes and such i dont want laying frame i only want 3-4 inches of drop. Know any kits or websites?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I have a 1997 chevrolet S10 that has a vortec v8 5.7 and i would like to lower it and do a body kit? I would like to go as low as i can without any problems. What would you sugguest doing? I heard you could just cut the front springs and flip over the leaf springs? any ideas?

how much money would you like to spend? Did the v8 swap not lower it a bit in the front? You can buy drop spindles for the front, several companies make them,, id reccomend Belltech or DJM over any others. Cutting the springs is a cheap way to do about it, but if you do, cut them with a bandsaw, a torch will heat up the entire spring and drastically change the spring rates,, in other words itll be extremely soft. Your axle is already over your leafs in the back, so you either need drop blocks, or drop leaf springs. sorry if this doesnt really make sense,, but if you got any questions, pm me and ill be glad to help

1997 S10 EC

Whats in it

106.9 Sq.ft. Hushmat

DB Elec. 250 amp alt.

HC800&HC1400

MLA Module

Alpine 9886

Knukonceptz wires

Clarion EQS746

poopy Alpine door co-ax's

Change IS Coming