Second Skin Audio

Oem Speaker Build- New Life To A Dead Sub

I had someone who had this woofer, its a TC sounds 12"

He had a box tuned to 28hz, and was pretty small, so I did my best to do something simple, yet effective on a SQ design, that will play that low, in a small ported box. I used a 2" Winding width dual 4ohm coil, aluminum former, and wire. And a single spider with a low to medium compliance. I figured with the one spider, I could get this sub to have a Fs in the low 20hz range

I did need to make a spider adapter to go from 10" - 8", took some time with the router making grooves for the spider, glue joints, and painted it with the same color I painted the frame.

I used new terminals, good solid paper pulp cone, and aluminum inverted dome

Here is how it went down

DSCN0737.jpg

DSCN0739.jpg

DSCN0740.jpg

DSCN0741.jpg

DSCN0742.jpg

DSCN0743.jpg

DSCN0744.jpg

DSCN0745.jpg

DSCN0749.jpg

See my new solder station in the background- courtesy of my gf ;-)

Now, I just need a amp to test this with

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

ken your a fucking G bro. your gonna have to come by soon and see what me and colt got goin.

BUMP for new woofer company / and or woofer reconing!

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

ken your a fucking G bro. your gonna have to come by soon and see what me and colt got goin.

BUMP for new woofer company / and or woofer reconing!

Yeah I want to see your guys builds before the next show

I want to see how 4- DC 18s sound for sure

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Also, I'am just doing small time recones, for great prices locally. I wont be a business until I get my proper glue, more selection in spiders, and coils, the rest I have handled ;-)

sundown.jpg

k\i would really love to know how to do this stuff.

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

He has a second sub, so I will be building another sub just like this, then he will build a new box for the 2

I doubt there will be any build logs on that

I personally have one of these frames, same exact one, I may build something for it, and do some kind of build log for it

sundown.jpg