Straight Flow Exhaust, Vids Post #8

You also threw off your A/F ratio since more air is flowing..so I'd at least have that checked out so that you don't run too lean.

thats what o2 sensors are for

i have done the same to my durango and the torgue went up and the gas mileage was a lot better i could put in in went from 14 to 18 to the gallon by doing this u take away a lot of back pressure off the engine and it breaths a lot better i have passed all smog inspections as long as the Cat. is still there and the O2 sensors are good you have no problems in that area

some backpressure is better than no backpressure, but the stock muffler def. doesnt provide the right amount.

if youre going to do straight pipes the best way to do it is draw on the pipes with a grease pencil from the header/manifold back, then run it for a good 10 minutes or so, so it gets good and hot, then look at the pipes, the grease pencil writing will be burnt off to a certain point, where it starts again is the perfect length for your exhaust.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

sounds like my jeep lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6u1B_NvIsg...re=channel_page

but i use mine merely as a sound gimmick i can def feel a loss of torque with it open it just "feels" faster cause its ungodly loud when i get on it. i wouldnt say it really has benefitted me any as of now but i do plan on it being stroked so it will help me later.

i think it sounds great!!! nice job

Wow, logan saying something nice about a dodge???? J/k, sounds great though good job.

if youre going to do straight pipes the best way to do it is draw on the pipes with a grease pencil from the header/manifold back, then run it for a good 10 minutes or so, so it gets good and hot, then look at the pipes, the grease pencil writing will be burnt off to a certain point, where it starts again is the perfect length for your exhaust.

I'm going to do that. This is the second time i heard of that method. One of my old baseball coaches told me about that, i forgot about that till you said that.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

You also threw off your A/F ratio since more air is flowing..so I'd at least have that checked out so that you don't run too lean.

...you did not just say that...The only way thats gonna happen is if he removed/damaged his O2 sensor somehow or if he somehow got more air into his combustion chamber (ie turbo, supercharger, even a leaf blower), the MAP sensor takes care of the air/fuel ratio.

it would sound alot better if u just gone ahead and cut that junk cat off and then you will get alot better sound and lot more power cuz i dont have a cat on a 99 grandam and its stight pipe into a turbo thrush glass pack

You sir are stupid :01nocomment8so:

but i use mine merely as a sound gimmick i can def feel a loss of torque with it open it just "feels" faster cause its ungodly loud when i get on it. i wouldnt say it really has benefitted me any as of now but i do plan on it being stroked so it will help me later.

the only performance gains you are gonna get out of a flow through exhaust is at the top end of the power curve, it does decrease torque at lower rpm's but if you still have the cat in place and you dont hear the engine backfire then you really dont need to worry about it. IMO the gains outweigh the losses...as long as it's not a rock crawler, then it would prob be more beneficial to add a muffler to increase back pressure.

Edited by eliassami5

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

Wow, logan saying something nice about a dodge???? J/k, sounds great though good job.

i know lol, cant deny it dosnt sound good..i wouldnt drive it but ya

a new challenger though i wouldnt mind driving one of those :spiteful: everything else ill pass on :P

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I'm going to do that. This is the second time i heard of that method. One of my old baseball coaches told me about that, i forgot about that till you said that.

one of them old mechanics tricks that not alot of people know about.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.