Okay..my navi got two holes for the exhausts in the back but i havent been able to put pipes on because i had a tow hitch for the boat..but since i sold the boat and im taking the hitch off...

iight heres the deal..

i was thinking of taking the cat off and just putting straight pipes...i just smogged the car like 3months ago so i dont have to worry about that for now and when i have to smog it again i will just put the cat back on get smogged and then take it back off..

BUT...

my main worry is will it sound like a nice strong rumble like flows or will it sound like a straight super loud Harley type? i know theres got to be someone in here that has done it before...so please..POST the positives and negatives

btw...will probably be losing torque but that dont matter i got enough.....lol..

its a 5.4L V8

LMK!!

Edited by Red-navi-916

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Id suggest getting high flow cats just so they have some resonation, straight pipes dont sound nice at all.

Cons- More cop attention-Loss of power-More wear on engine.

Pros- None really lol.

With the high flow cats and maybe some flows or glass packs, you'll get a nice rumble and not lose any power and the cops wont be targeting you so much.

97 Yukon GT

Pioneer 9400BH

Under the hood:

MCR 250a alt

DB Link 1/0 2 runs

Big 3

Front Stage: Focal 165A1

Rear Stage: Neo Pro 6.5's/ T1 Tweets

Mids/Highs Power: PPI PC650

The Bump:2 SA 15's

Power: SAZ 1500DV.2 @ .5ohm (Waiting for D4's to hook up my Mojo 2500.1)

8cu @ 33hz

All 1" Double Baffled.

145.6 sealed @ kick

146.2 w/ down @ dash

nah i think if u cut them they will sound like a harley davidson

this guy came in my uncle shop ( meineke )and asked him to cut them

get this

dude had 2 dodge avengers that sounded like a harley davidson lmao !!

my uncle let me do it and it was my first time i thought i did something wrong

but they said thats how they wanted it to sound .. so i got me 40 dollars :)

but it depend where u cut them because my sis got a monte carlos and she got them cut like right near the gas tank . and it sound real good

only thing is grocery bags and shit get caught in there ..

im still learning about this stuff tho

in a year its gonna be my specialty

2ng76er.jpg

Dream Car

Question. Are you asking whether or not you should do this, or have you already decided to do it, and just asking because you don't know if you are going to blow your engine up?

Don't know much about on the Ford engines, but straight pipes have a tendency to sound like shit IMO, but they are loud as hell.

If you want an idea, when you go into the shop to get your stuff done, just have them cut the pipes, and pull it down. Fire it up and see how you like it. If you don't have them put it back up, and weld in a muffler.

If you're just looking for loud, get something like a Super 44. They at least sound decent.

As for power loss, that just means it's time for forced induction. lol

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

http://www.classicchambered.com

Replace your muffler(s) with one of these and it'll sound delicious.

I have one on the way for my Jeep :)

Youtube "chambered exhaust" or "turbo tube" and listen to some of them, they sound great imo. Especially on the V8s

Not sure if you were looking for this information, But I'd thought I'd trow it out there if you want a louder exhaust.

well my dad...would be doing it...but i guess what im going to have to do is take the cat off and fire it up for some disturbing noise....and then connect pipes..and see if its actually going to shut the loud rumble up and give it that deep lower rumble...

but what i WANT to do is take the cat off and from there connect pipes all the way to the back..there fore im guessing its got all that tubing to go threw so it shouldn't sound like shit right?

BUILDLOG

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

see i dont want it to sound like this

as close to this as possible

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

BUILDLOG

^^ hahah yeah i love those camaros 67 68 69...best years

BUILDLOG