for the select few interested....

I sold my caddy, so that meant taking my car for one last ride out to my buddies salvage yard to put the car on the hoist and pull my Iraggi 300 amp alternator out.

A few pics. :(

Im gonna miss my caddy, that thing was a pussy magnet! LoL

Posted Image

Posted Image

My tahoe and my old seville sts

Posted Image

So I got my alternator out, car was delievered on time and got a lil bank in my pockets. All is good.

I got off my lazy ass today at the shop.. and found what was all needed for XM on my alpine. I think since Im off tuesday and its to be 50+ degrees Ill install it then.

Posted Image

I always be chill-axing at the shop!

Posted Image

So here was my origional charging plan with my Hoe. Not quite up to steve meade par, but bigger then most.

Thought about doing dual charging 12/18volt, stock alt for the trucks accessories and the mid/tweet amps and headunit, while big amps get fed straight 18 volts. :)

After speaking with dominac (that guy that is so hard to get a hold of) at Irragi Alternator He told me that I wouldnt be able to run 3 alts with his brackets since my truck does not run a large case gm alt (cs-144). I think everytime I call Dom its on his cell phone so I get right thru :P

So Im going to have to see if I can fab my own brackets or if all else fails, sell my Irragi and get the other style case and run 2 factory alts with a high output Iraggi, and then upgrade the alts one by one as i get money.

Iraggi 300+ amp externally regulated on the left, Ohio Generator 280 amp externally regulated on the right which is my boss's (josh mertzig) but if I can get it to work its mine :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

:(

oh well.

put my xm in tuesday since I was off, and it was 56+ degrees here in WI :yahoo:

crap loud of wires and no where to go :(

Posted Image

temp :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All back together.

Posted Image

Then stopped out at work for a few things took a pic.

Posted Image

Then my buddy called and wanted to put his mtec 9008 h.i.d.s in his new car that where from his old car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

He also has some 20 inch TIS wheels for his buick looks pretty sharp for a buick :P

Then this chick from myspace said her cd player didnt work and asked me too look at it.

nice job on the wiring.

Posted Image

Not much better, but now the radio turns on and off with the car, and it dont short out and the connections aint coming loose :)

Posted Image

Had a pretty busy day today, and I guess I had a ballast blow on me last night, same kit I told my buddy to get. Tho his ballasts are slightly different.

Well anyways I blew one up before, and got a replacement, and the replacement is like my friends newer verson and works fine while the old one i still had went.

So I talked to Burno @ futurevisionHID for about 10-15 minutes and ended up buying one of his kits! It got shipped out today so I should see it soon, and the SMD discount helped safe a few bucks too :)

Then I opened up the keystone book at work and ordered some new diamond cut headlight assemblies because mine are horrid. Also ordered some bumper lights too.

I think I will have it tomorrow but I dont remember paying for any special shipping :)

lookin good man... I have the same door panels, I hate them!

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

They dont sound to bad for some 100 dolla comps running off the headunit alone.

Wished the bass would of picked up a bit better, they have a nice tone to them.

When I faded it back to the rear speakers, the stocks cant hang at the same settings, where as the type r's do alright. Just need more power.

What was that you was playing?

Mims - Bread and butter

Well wednesday my bumber/turn signal lights came in at the shop, and since the bays where all full I had to put them in outside in the cold.

They are some led turnsignals. There is 28 LEDs in each bulb (not some knock off wannabe look like LEDs sold on ebay).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lights all on. Mtec 8000k hid bulb on driverside, some APC halogen bulb because my other Mtec ballast crapped out. :(

Posted Image

close up

Posted Image

My package from http://futurevisionhid.com/ arrived yesterday too, but I was at work so I wasnt able to sign for it, so I picked them up this morning before work. :)

The price was great on them, they light output is insane! and look great and have even nicer cutoff lines in my new headlight assemblys, that I also ordered thru my shop.

However they seem to say phillips brand hid bulbs, and I totally think they maybe knock off bulbs.. But so far this is a great kit and wish i bought them sooner!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

At work..

The remaining working mtec ballast and bulb out, and new futurevision Hid bulbs installed and ballasts mounted

Posted Image

Posted Image

The led running lights/turn signals.

Posted Image

close up

Posted Image

6000k futurevision hids

Posted Image

close up

Posted Image

and a few night shots. I gotta do a little more aiming yet, but so far its not to bad and dont seem to be shinning in oncoming traffic :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

For the price they seem very great so far.

I didnt notice nothing, but when my boss said they where not philips is when I wondered.

I however did remember reading someplace that there are only a few makers of hid capsules, philips being one of them. And by capsules I dont know if they mean a complete hid bulb, or just the glass without the gas, so since Im unsure of that I cant say for sure they are real or not. So Im pretty sure they are actually philips capsules. Ive seen some other kits running the same exact bulp with the TC Patent License logo.

Like I said, I ran a mtec 9006 kit for a while and had 2 ballast problems so far (different ballast each time) and that prompt me to move away from them. I paid around $260 for the mtec kit plus shipping.

These futurvisions where $180, minus $19 smd discount, and plus $10 shipping for a total of $171.

So thats a great price, I ordered them around 4:30pm thursday, Bruno was greatful enough to ship them out the same day becasue I was in need, and they arrived wednesday morning at 9:00am (but I was gone to work) so I didnt actually take pocession of them til this morning. Not to mention that they shipped out from Canada, so they had to go thru customs or whatever.

Im very pleased and amazed by the light output compaired to my old more expensive kit. Tho these are the 6000k bulbs vs my old 8000ks that put out a tad less light because of that bluer color. But I didnt expect this big of a difference!

Archived