Haha! Super scrubbed that S#$%, layed down another coat and it's already done. Booyakaaaa

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

Wax and Grease remover from Wally World. Couple bucks and a life saver. Alcohol leaves a small bit of residue that needs to be cleaned up with water. Acetone will get fiberglass off of your hands but will NOT prep your painting surface. Trust me, I imbeciled my through some awful projects and learned the hard way.

I've been goin hard at it for about an hour and got to see the three paint jobs that've been done on these things before my ownership! WTF! Anyway I've got most of the paint off with acetone, rags, and sanding. I ran out of acetone though. lol. What's the best way to go by re-painting plastic though?

http://www.wmbarr.com/product.aspx?catid=1&prodid=56

wax and grease remover and then a little bit of ^^^^^ and you have a nicely painted surface.

Clean before sanding, otherwise you are imbedding the peice with the crap you are trying to remove.

lol make sure u use primer.. when we bought our vw it had green parts like that but the car was red.. so i sanded everything down and i used acetone thing to get all the oils and shit off and then just primer and paint u cant even tell it was re painted

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Thanks for all the help guys! I appreciate it.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

Alright I finished up the job last night. Here's some before and after pics, lemme know what you guys think.

DSCN1119.jpg

Ultra gay, before.

DSCN1120.jpg

DSCN1122.jpg

DSCN1123.jpg

DSCN1124.jpg

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

those look better. i know dupli-color makes a prep spray that is ment to get rid of oils. then you do your primer and then base and then clear or whatever your painting. but it seems to work good. but sand first. but ya. those look pretty good

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

so how did the tips work for you?

They worked out great as you can see lol. I used simple green to re-wash, acetone to remove the paint, sanded, cleaned again and then sprayed again. It turned out pretty nice. The acetone revealed three previous paint jobs done to those specific parts!

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode