Sundown Audio

Amp Options Plus Input

loganberry

Have you considered the JBL6000.1 ? you can find them on ebay once and while for around 2000.00 usd. My friend has bought four of them varying from 1750 to 2500. We hooked up one of them to my 4-15" btls and fed the amp a 2ohm load, we measured a 8080 watts @ 13.8 volts. This is me having fun with one them, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv4xd-BJF6Y...re=channel_page

Edited by Cr@sh

ok i know that in order to get the power i want its going to cost me a good bit..not only for equipment but for the electrical components to support it, i get that....that being said i said no to the dd because i have heard mixed things about there customer service if anything went wrong so i would like to stay away from the dd...so far the hellfires are lookin like my best bet..unfortunately they are not the ohm loads i need.....HOWEVER if it is necessary for me to recone my subwoofers to get the ohm load i need for the power then so be it

keep things commin like specs and options and what not

edit:something about amp draw would be nice too because i will be getting a 250 amp alt and 8 batteries, more batteries later and another amp down the road

Edited by loganberry

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Id do one DAT 2500 to each sub for the time being until you can get electrical up to par like you want. Then when you reach that point, throw on another one when the time comes :)

Im somewhat biased as well hah :)

The subs are D1 so he's looking at either 0.5 ohms and risking popping into protect all the time or 2 ohms and weak power with the DATs

A better option for him is 1 really big amp that will provide 8kw @ 14.4v

So Stetsom 7Kd2 or DD Z2LV or Soundigital SD8000.1 or similar.

Unless he wants to recone his subs then realistically the DATs are not a good option.

If you're going to have the electrical to back it up you should seriously consider 2 SAZ-3000D's at 0.5 ohms each. That will give you a good 3.5kw per woofer @ 14.4v and won't break the bank, especially if you buy refurbs.

The DAT is a decent option if you're brave enough to run 0.5 ohms daily.

The Stetsom 5kd2 or whatever it is makes its power at 2 ohms (correct me if I'm wrong) so is a suitable option here for a 2-amp setup.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

The only way I would suggest DAT for this application is to run one amp per coil. So 4 amps total. This may be a little more work then it's worth given the options out there.

I also am not a big fan of strapping any brand amps for a musical setup. The reason being is the switching from a push / pull can sound muddy and out of phase. I have also found the amps to be only louder for a burp strapped and quite a bit quieter strapped for music.

I've tried it both ways for many companies and have found the same results each time.

Bill

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Thank you BOON... That's what i was trying to say in the 1st place when i was suggesting Stetsom... but i was called out saying that the power to dollar wasn't right. so i went in detail to explain myself and to all the younger guys that sometimes if you go to cheap on your build that you pay in the end and end up having so many amps that don't work out in the future... I know because i have plenty of amps now( AudioBahn EarthQuakes.. MTX ) i tried to be a champ with very little money and i ended up spending way more money in the end... i just should of saved a lil more to get want i really wanted.I tried to keep it simple with what the info was put out on SMD by both company's just like a young person would do....and James said my method was retarded.... I not trying to knock on any one's particular amp, if fact Boon is correct i heard great things about Sundown. it has great power to dollar ratio especially when you get the refurb.... but then again ... will you have power to spare in the future and will be easier to wire 4 amps and line match them in the future,,,, These are the things i want educate everyone so they don't have too spend their hard working money like i did when i was young..... Earthquake D5 "The ROCK" they said to me 5000watts and i paid $600 ea 5 years ago but no one ever told me that it was at 16V... These are the things you must look at....

The Details .....

The DEVIL is in the DETAILS!!!!!! no bun intended......

Edited by Team Bassick Joey

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

WTF? why was my post deleted..... Did super mod get mad again.... Let the truth be known...... Maybe we should have a comparison.... Let the people know what they are getting... some applications is not for all..... I know not everyone will buy Stetsom but i'm not going too hide and erase it.... That's straight Chicken $**t Nothing was bad was said by me... I kept it professional.... I just did a simple comparison with info that was given here on SMD in the manufacture section.

Edited by Team Bassick Joey

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

WTF? why was my post deleted..... Did super mod get mad again.... Let the truth be known...... Maybe we should have a comparison.... Let the people know what they are getting... some applications is not for all..... I know not everyone will buy Stetsom but i'm not going too hide and erase it.... That's straight Chicken $**t Nothing was bad was said by me... I kept it professional.... I just did a simple comparison with info that was given here on SMD in the manufacture section.

I cleaned up the posts. No I am not using my Mod powers. The posts were getting out of line on both sides and I felt it best to clean up the actions of both. Calling someone chickenshit is exactly the professionalism I was talking about. I would like to keep this on a above bar level.

Care to join me?

Bill

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

you can do 4 sundown 2000d's when they come out,

or 4 crunch gp3000d.

4 audioque 2200d

hifonics sampson xxv, 8k watts rms.

Sorry Bill but i seen a whole lot worse and nothing was done..... This was kept in the up and up..... The chicken part was not until i found out that everything was deleted...

Well anyways....

Good news for everyone Stetsom is trying too have a sale in Feb or Mar... and it will be 15-20% off the M.A.P for everyone here in the States... sorry Europe

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom