Sonic Electronix

Need Help! Adding On To My System...

OK... co as of now i have 1 D2 BTL 18" on a AQ2200D wired at 1 ohm...I want to add another sub and amp.

So if i add another sub and amp i can either:

-Expensive Method:

Says this on AQ.com: 2 ohm Linked Power @ 14.4V @ 1% THD 4400 x 1

This means that i can link the 2 amps together and ill have 4400rms at 2 ohms correct? Then i will need to recone my BTL i have now to a D1 and then order another D1 BTL and i can wire it up. I think im correct with this...please correct me if im wrong!

-Cheaper Method:

Buy another AQ2200d and another D2 BTL and wire seperate power wires for the amps and run 1 amp per D2 sub.

My problem here is that 1 is going to cost me much more and the other is going or seems to be alot more difficult tuning wise...

Which should I do? ANY info is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Thanks in Advanced!,

NoFearX18

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

for tuning on strapped amps you just tune the gain and settings on the master amp and the slave follows w/e you set on the master.

yea but its requires me to have 2 D1 subs correct?

I dont want to have to pay like $200 or more (estimate) to recone my BTL lol... thing weight a ton and a half.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

if you wanted 1 sub on those two you can have a D2 BTL, but if you want 2 subs i think you would need D1's yea...but i dont know why you would want 2 subs on 2 strapped amps instead of 1 sub on each amp independently

i'd just buy a sub/amp, and link em with a maxx link. saves the trouble of reconing. or you could put a divider and run them in separate enclosures and run each amp separately but tuned as close together as possible

What are you refering to when you say divider?

Doesnt have to be a separate enclosure tho does it? lol

if you wanted 1 sub on those two you can have a D2 BTL, but if you want 2 subs i think you would need D1's yea...but i dont know why you would want 2 subs on 2 strapped amps instead of 1 sub on each amp independently

Id prefer to do it this way because all in all its cheaper. i can get the amp and everything and dont have to recone the BTL i have already.

Im just unsure of how easy it will be to tune 2 amps...

Edited by NoFearX18

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Colton, I would honestly save up and get the woofer reconed so you can run them master/slave. Its a lot easier tuning wise obviously and not to mention, you will only need one bass knob.

OR you could look into a maxxlink.

o shit i didnt even think of the bass knob.... A maxxlink will make it to where i can run 2 D2s on 2 amps? and i wont lose any power or anything?

it may cost about the same to have the sub reconed as it would to buy a maxlink... hmmm.

i need to email Fi

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why can't you listen to James?

2 D2 subwoofers wired series/parallel gives a 2 ohm final load!

Strap 2 AQ 2200's to it and you get 2 ohms total or 1 ohm per amp and everything is fine!

If you recone to D1's you are screwed. Good work everyone that recommended that option.

EDIT: And you don't need a MaxxLink!

When you 'link' amplifiers they see half of the total load each. That's why the ratings are usually @ 2 ohms.

You want a 2 ohm FINAL load so you want D2 subs, you link the amps (so no MaxxLink needed) and you use a common chamber box unless you have some enormous reason to do otherwise.........

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!