Sonic Electronix

Need Help! Adding On To My System...

wrong wrong wrong

all you need is another d2 sub and amp to run strapped at 2ohms

NICE!!!!!! thats what i was hoping but i was unsure... i didnt think my logic made much sence.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why can't you listen to James?

2 D2 subwoofers wired series/parallel gives a 2 ohm final load!

Strap 2 AQ 2200's to it and you get 2 ohms total or 1 ohm per amp and everything is fine!

If you recone to D1's you are screwed. Good work everyone that recommended that option.

EDIT: And you don't need a MaxxLink!

When you 'link' amplifiers they see half of the total load each. That's why the ratings are usually @ 2 ohms.

You want a 2 ohm FINAL load so you want D2 subs, you link the amps (so no MaxxLink needed) and you use a common chamber box unless you have some enormous reason to do otherwise.........

Sorry i did not see James's post. I do now and it makes much more sence to me now. I had it backwards.

I was wondering why no matter which way i went i couldnt make sence out of it haha.

Thanks James and thanks Boon :)

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

I believe you run the pos to the positive terminal on your master amp and the neg to the positive on the slave amp, correct me if im wrong i also am trying to understand this 2

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

if you wanted 1 sub on those two you can have a D2 BTL, but if you want 2 subs i think you would need D1's yea...but i dont know why you would want 2 subs on 2 strapped amps instead of 1 sub on each amp independently
wrong wrong wrong

all you need is another d2 sub and amp to run strapped at 2ohms

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why can't you listen to James?

2 D2 subwoofers wired series/parallel gives a 2 ohm final load!

Strap 2 AQ 2200's to it and you get 2 ohms total or 1 ohm per amp and everything is fine!

If you recone to D1's you are screwed. Good work everyone that recommended that option.

EDIT: And you don't need a MaxxLink!

When you 'link' amplifiers they see half of the total load each. That's why the ratings are usually @ 2 ohms.

You want a 2 ohm FINAL load so you want D2 subs, you link the amps (so no MaxxLink needed) and you use a common chamber box unless you have some enormous reason to do otherwise.........

Your subs are fine....jesus if people don't even know ohm loads...do not suggest anything even if your trying to help.....that could have ended up costing him alot of money if sent his sub out to get reconed......

edit: good thing James and Boon came in here lol.

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

run the positive to the Master positive, run the negative to the Slave positive, connect the negatives of the Master & Slave together

ok this is starting to make more sence. thanks!

What about the power wire? I can just run an additional wire of the batterie in the rear correct?

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

ok this is starting to make more sence. thanks!

What about the power wire? I can just run an additional wire of the batterie in the rear correct?

You're adding more batteries correct? There are several different ways you could go about this, some better than others

How many runs do you have from front to rear?

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

You're adding more batteries correct? There are several different ways you could go about this, some better than others

How many runs do you have from front to rear?

1 run front to rear....

i have 4 batteries in the back now.

my question was could i just run another wire from the rear batts to the 2nd amp?

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!