Two Solox 10s And A Ss10000d = 150.6 Good?

daddy_j

Im just seeing if I should be happy with my numbers. I have a 91CRX with two solx10s and a SS10000d ran at .5ohms. The box is tuned for 65hz, and two 2400 kinetiks in back and a Duralast up front. Don't get me wrong I like my score, but I also liked it at 145dbs. I am seriously considering selling my 2400s and running 16 volt batteries. And putting aero ports on the end of my PVC ports. Im broke but I still like do something different for each show. And at the moment I am at 150.6 but I know in order to place at Spring Break I will need at least 155 dbs. So I'm seeing if adding aero ports and +16 volts will gain me a few more dbs. My boxes are 1 cubic foot each and tuned to 65hz. The ports are 4 round by 6long. One per box. Any comments will be great. Even if its to bash me. There is always someone saying you should hit higher numbers, but never give out any pointers. So if your not in the San Antonio Texas area, maybe you could throw out some advise. Just by switching to +16 volts, what kinda numbers could I expect. Using the SS100000D at .5 ohms. Right now I drop from 14.2 volts to 12.3 volts. Thanks for your info.

read this

link

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

also do you know what class your running?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

New boxes. Change the ports for 6" Aeroports and make them really long. Subs forward, port back. Keep your tuning about the same.

You will gain LOTS.

If Charger sees this hopefully he will post some pics of the Spongebob box.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Posted Image

Believe me I know. But it handled the SS10000D at 1 ohm and full blast for about 45 seconds. Even now with the 2, they smoke, but thats only if I run Street Beat. For burps they can handle 5000Watts easy. But not for more than 5 seconds. I plan on running ProStock so that means I can run up to 17volts. I do plan on doing street beat 1 if money is on the line. At the local shows they put all stock and prostock together, they just do 0-500watts, 501-1000watts, and +1000 and up. Then they have a mod class, but only guys with walls get thrown in that class. This weekend the guys that beat me (1) had six 12s and running 18 volts (shop owner)(156.7), (2) had two 18s and 18volts(151.2), (3) had four DD3512 and is on a sponcered team(154.4). No names need be said. But thats fine I don't hate, I just want to compete with these guys when forced to.

I've been doing some serious research but I cant find any high scores with 2 solox 10s. I see 4tens and even 6 10s but not many with 2 solox 10s. What is the highest anyone seen? I heard about someone doing a 152dbs with 2 solox10s and a DDZ2lv. But never confirmed. I love seeing cars with less equipment than me beat me. Its cool to be able to talk to these people. Its just funny when someone that has four 12s and hit the same numbers as me, trying to say he could get me louder. Hell I could get me louder if I win the lottery. The REAL trick is to try and gain with out spending big money. Anyone can buy a 1st place trophy. I started with a 144dbs with the exact same equipment I have now. I don't mind spending $50 for wood and stuff, but its when someone says," YOU NEED A BIGGER AMP AND MORE SUBS," that makes me mad. I just think its more impressive when the average guy with an average job can compete. I like the idea of the 6" areo ports, if they weren't $38 each. I already ordered the 4" aero port fitting to go on the end of my existing ports. And I am looking for some one to trade me my 2400 kinetiks for some 16 volt batteries. So after these two changes I hope to gain a db or two. Then with the 6" maybe another db. I also haven't applied a lick of Dynomat to my car. And I still have the LITTLE factory alternator too. So I think with the 6" ports HO Allternator, and 16volt batteries I should be able to get 3-4 more dbs out of this system.

I plan on trying out 16volt batteries in the rear of the vehicle, not the whole car. JUst in the back and charge them with a battery charger. For now.

Archived