Two Solox 10s And A Ss10000d = 150.6 Good?

daddy_j

Kicker has no idea what these subs like. They said to run it in 5 cubes per sub. I got a 141dbs now with 1 cube I hit 150.6dbs. So believe me 5 cubes mean crap. The smaller the better. I am running 12volts, but one day I will run 16volts.

You could spend money on 16v and what not but if you really want to get loud you need a little work on the car and the enclosure. I've been working with crx's 6 plus years so take my info for what it is. Your subs are good and your amp is good and your power is not to bad so next is box. I assume you're been spl testing at the dash? If so sound deadening a crx can gain you an easy db if not close to two db if done right. This link is pics of a crx that is sound deadened right for spl. Pages 4 and 5 is what you want to do with the exception you don't have to do the panels. http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/8/27273/4.html also this post has some good suggestions for box design

Second is the enclosure. You need to invest in some aeroports. If you want to keep it simple buy two 6" areoports. Normal pvc ports like you are using are easy couple db's down from a areoport. And key thing about the box to build specifically in a crx is that the crx doesn't like boxes that are tall or wide. Keeping them shallow and narrow as possible is what a crx likes. As for box size use a common enclosure start at 3 cubic feet with two 6" aeroports. Subs side by side and box not much taller then the subs and what ever length you need to get about 3 cf. I say start a little big to test and tune then shrink the box to see if you gain. I can't give you an exact box size due to they change for every car, power, subs used etc.

Power wise sounds like you have about 4000-5000w. Have you ever power tested yet? But with your current set up you could get 154's pretty easy with what I've suggested. Good luck.

could also make your own 6" mdf ports

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

that looks so damn time consuming.........

after sanding i'm sure it worked great and looked even better though.

-Drew

**moar power and moar port to the OP

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

loudest street C CRX box right there i believe

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

That's actually a 8 or 9" port not a 6". But yes very time consuming and no good way to tune it. You can buy a very good 6" aeroport for $40 shipped with 12" pvc tube from partsexpress.com But yes that box design is pretty much the loudest box in the loudest crx for the equipment in the States.

That was a good link, and I will use some of that info, but that guy had four 12s. One guy wrote he hit ~158dbs with two 10s. Now that is what I find impressive. 160 with four 12s, isn't that impressive. I find it cooler when someone with a single speaker or two small ones hit crazy numbers. And I don't mean in a SUPER MOD CLASS, I mean in a street driving car, not a trailer car. I love it when I see two 10s hit 155dbs, thats just crazy.

That's actually a 8 or 9" port not a 6". But yes very time consuming and no good way to tune it. You can buy a very good 6" aeroport for $40 shipped with 12" pvc tube from partsexpress.com But yes that box design is pretty much the loudest box in the loudest crx for the equipment in the States.

yes i know its 8-9" port i was just saying if hes strapped for cash and doesnt want to buy aeros he could make his own 6" out of wood

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

Archived