Two Solox 10s And A Ss10000d = 150.6 Good?

daddy_j

you need a smaller box and more port area.

He's already at 1 cube. You honestly think that it should be smaller than that? Most rex's that I've seen for 10's have .6-1 cube for each woofer, but you have to remember that these are solo x's and have a bit more cone area than a standard 10. Your more of an expert than I so I was just asking for personal reference.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I think the boxes are smaller than 1 cubic foot, after the big as$ woofer. The boxes are 14x14x14 but the magnet and motor are huge. I went with 2 4"aeroports per enclosure. Im thinking around 11" long and cutting it down as much as it needs while testing. I have gone to sites that tell you how long the port needs to be and it said crazy numbers. So I will just have to test and cut, test and cut. But of coarse I don't own a meter and my buddy with a meter lives a few towns away. So I have to keep my fingers crossed that he makes his way to SA. So here are a couple of pictures of boxes under constuction. I still have to connect the other part of the ports to the end of these.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So your going to fire the woofers up now. Most crx's are louder with the woofers foward and the port back, but you may be able to make it pretty loud that way.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

its a 50-50 chance, I hear all kinds of stories. But There is a comp on Sunday, we shall see. If its not better, then I will change it back. But there is a Big Spring Break Event that I am going to in March, and by then I want to be at least 154dbs (burp). Its a Usaci event, but they give you a ring if you win 1st in your class. Last year the highest in SB1 was like 145.3dbs, and I know this year I need to be at least 150dbs in SB1. Even though at finals you needed at least 158dbs, so you never know. But if I can hit 154 or even 155 (burping), then my goal will be complete. Then I could take a break for a while. But look at these pics of the spare, they are burnt, but still play hard. I hope they don't dont blow during testing, I only have one spare.

Posted Image

Posted Image

here is what Im taking to the next comp. Its 4 4" aeroports at 11inches long. I hope my frequency stays pretty close to what it was before (65hz). I know you guys are good at figuring that stuff out, maybe you can give me an Idea where its tuned to. The box is 1 cube after displacement and the ports are 2ea at 4 inches round, and 11 inches long in each box. Before I had 1 port in each box at 4" by 7" long. After hours of metering it, I got it to 65hz. Whatcha think, about the same? Here is a picture of the finished product.

Posted Image

I just hit 152.8dbs unmaned, by adding the ports. Only bad thing is my frequency went from 65hz to 63hz. I moved the boxes around and it didn't make a difference. I moved them a whole foot forward and it didn't change anything. It didn't change when I added the maxxlink either. SO I think that I have done all the cheap little things I could possibly do. Now I guess Im gonna have to spend money on a new alt and another battery. I did a test with my amp full blast, and it read 78 Ac volts at the amps speaker inputs. I was at .5 ohms.

Archived