So I just recently got both my sub and amp. Thought I would give you my opinion on both.

Sundown Saz-3000d

I have this as you can see hooked up to 1 "12 fi btl. My first initial reaction when unpackaging, was damn this shit is heavy. It is a very well built amp. The heatsinks look beefy.

performance: 10

looks: 8

price: 9

quality: 10

overall: 9

it would of been a perfect 10 if it had some cool digital gauges or something to make it look a little more flashy. But overall i am completely satisfied with the amp and would recommend it to anyone. The amp on half gain makes my fi look like a 3d image.

FI BTL

My FI BTL is fully loaded with every option. My initial reaction to this this is "its a beast." This thing was a lot heavier than i had expected. Also when you look at the sub, you can tell its nothing but quality. One thing i noticed is that the magnet is basically the same size as the rim of the sub. When i was putting it into the box, i actually had to squeeze it past the magnet. It did not go into the enclosure easily. Its not a bad thing, but something for people getting the 12" to know.

One thing that i would have liked FI to have done was pre drilled the wholes. For those that are gonna be getting the sub, i recommend pulling off the rubber that surrounds the rim and then drill wholes. I do not want to get into how dumb i am.

looks: 10

price: 10

overall: 10

This sub has exceeded my expectations. It sounds really good, and slaps HARD! You cannot go wrong with a btl.

• 2 weeks later...

can you post some pics of the 12" btls? just wanna see the beast!

Guest digitalboy

So I just recently got both my sub and amp. Thought I would give you my opinion on both.

Sundown Saz-3000d

I have this as you can see hooked up to 1 "12 fi btl. My first initial reaction when unpackaging, was damn this shit is heavy. It is a very well built amp. The heatsinks look beefy.

looks: 8

price: 9

overall: 9

it would of been a perfect 10 if it had some cool digital gauges or something to make it look a little more flashy. But overall i am completely satisfied with the amp and would recommend it to anyone. The amp on half gain makes my fi look like a 3d image.

FI BTL

My FI BTL is fully loaded with every option. My initial reaction to this this is "its a beast." This thing was a lot heavier than i had expected. Also when you look at the sub, you can tell its nothing but quality. One thing i noticed is that the magnet is basically the same size as the rim of the sub. When i was putting it into the box, i actually had to squeeze it past the magnet. It did not go into the enclosure easily. Its not a bad thing, but something for people getting the 12" to know.

One thing that i would have liked FI to have done was pre drilled the wholes. For those that are gonna be getting the sub, i recommend pulling off the rubber that surrounds the rim and then drill wholes. I do not want to get into how dumb i am.

looks: 10

price: 10

overall: 10

This sub has exceeded my expectations. It sounds really good, and slaps HARD! You cannot go wrong with a btl.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

I can't believe you said that........ LAWD :censored:

these subs dont come with holes for screws already? thats wierd

There are holes in the basket but not in the surround. Sometimes the rubber gasket isn't lined up properly so don't assume it is and go drilling or screwing blindly. Take off the gasket and punch the holes from underneath so you know they're in the right spot.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

^^^X2....isnt that how all subs are?? well every1 that iv had has been...there are holes in everything but the foam surround....just have to poke through it...

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

best way to drill the holes is to use a brad point drill bit that is just 1 size down from the screw hole size, and put the drill in reverse

this will cut the hole flawlessly without any damage at all to the surround

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• 1 month later...

Archived