Second Skin Audio

Alright, I Need A Bit Of Help With Boxes

is the the low notes that make flex or is it because of the port itself? because i want a bit of flex

the low notes move more air, causing the flex

does anyone know what HZ i should port my box too? i always thought 35hz was good but 32 also and 27 also. so any ideas?

tune it to whatever you want. what made you point out 32 and 27 hz tuning?

and...i may be confused, but if you were gonna tune 2 boxes to 35 hz...why would you wanna change the tuning of one big box?

and we really cant help you with a box until you get dimensions of the back area. we can make a general box, but then it might not look right in the car. also play better if we could utilize your space better. so...if it were me i'd say you'd just have to wait a couple months or whenever till you get it.

how much are you looking to spend? and willing to spend on subs? yeah 4 15s will get loud but if you have enough cash go for the DC lvl 4 XLs or lvl 5s.... even 2 of those will get insanely loud in the right application. unless your hooked on the diamond audio.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

how much are you looking to spend? and willing to spend on subs? yeah 4 15s will get loud but if you have enough cash go for the DC lvl 4 XLs or lvl 5s.... even 2 of those will get insanely loud in the right application. unless your hooked on the diamond audio.

diamond audio was my main choice. the 15s are cheap and sound good. i'm willing to spend upto $200 or so per sub. but no more then $250. i'll be getting $10,000 and i need to still get my tahoe. so after i get it, i'll have $3000 or so left over. i'll need to get the subs, amps, new alt, box, and wiring. not counting the 14 mids and 16 highs. so it'll be a bit costly but then i can just save up and get any other subs/speakers i may need.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

the low notes move more air, causing the flex

tune it to whatever you want. what made you point out 32 and 27 hz tuning?

and...i may be confused, but if you were gonna tune 2 boxes to 35 hz...why would you wanna change the tuning of one big box?

and we really cant help you with a box until you get dimensions of the back area. we can make a general box, but then it might not look right in the car. also play better if we could utilize your space better. so...if it were me i'd say you'd just have to wait a couple months or whenever till you get it.

alright, so it to be a lower tuned port. and 32HZ and 27HZ seem to be the common HZ to tune a box too. and between 32 and 27 will proved me low notes + flex but still sound good. and i'm going with one big box. so should i just keep the 35HZ anyways or make it lower?

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300