Sundown Audio

3000d And 1500d Output

Guest KyleCannon

What is usually the actual output of a 3000 and a 1500? Are they significantly underrated or overrated by a tad? Also, what do they measure the output at? Also, in others experience, how does Sundown relate to Rockford performance wise? I may be switching in the near future to save some money :)

I also do not want to cause a Manufacture war, just want peoples honest opinions to get a better idea.

It depends on the line. From what I've seen and heard, the SAE line seems to be rated at 14.4v while the SAZ line is rated at 12v.

This means the SAE line does just about honest power while the SAZ lineup (1500, 3000D) are a tad underrated. I don't have an o-scope so I couldn't tell you exactly how much mine is putting out but I can tell by ear it's louder than most amps i've used of identical power rating.

As far as Sundown vs Rockford, I think you'll hear both sides. It also depends on WHICH rockford amps you compare. The old Power series with the big gray cases are beasts. Watt for rated watt I think Rockford takes the edge over the Sundowns. The new small chassis power series aren't as bad ass as the old amps they replaced, and given the choice between a new Power series or a Sundown, I'd probably go with Sundown, cost not a factor.

Usually cost does play a factor though, and for the same price you can usually buy more Sundown watts than RF. :) But that's often the case with boutique brands...hope this helps

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

well coming from owning both Sundown (saz3000d) and RF (3x T10001bd) id honestly chose RF cuz there amps sound better than my Sundown.. thats jus my ears tho..

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

what i dont understand...is why some people are so happy with such extra power. i mean sure it's nice to have the power...but why put it in a comparison? you're buying a 2000 watt amp (just an example) to get 2000 watts of power. if you want 2500 watts...get a 2500 watt amp instead of hoping your 2000 watter will put out close to that or more. i dno...just something i dont get i guess :pardon:

for your original post...

3000D tests

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=9952

1500D tests

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7116

i like sundown myself. tho rockford isnt bad by any means

Edited by ExpoSport

well coming from owning both Sundown (saz3000d) and RF (3x T10001bd) id honestly chose RF cuz there amps sound better than my Sundown.. thats jus my ears tho..

On 12v three of the T10001bds is a bit more powerful than one 3000D - could explain what you are hearing.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

well i went from 2 Kicker Zx1500.1 to 1 SD 3k and sound wise no diff but my battery is loving the 3k

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg