Second Skin Audio

What Would You Charge?

i have someone thats looking to put 10x 15" or 8x 15" havocs into his full size regular cab truck. :blink: how much for something like this shane10x15sjf4.jpg

i made the guy this bandpass for 2 18" fi btl fully loaded power from 2 memphis 4000 wrms monoblock amps. he didnt even install it. hes selling all of it to his friend cause hes insane :crazy: and wants more slap than he knows what to do with.lol i charged him $350 for this one. i doubled up the top piece of mdf (not shown in picture)

1005019hi8.jpg

1005017oy0.jpg

anyways what should i charge him? he is a customer not a close friend

• 3 weeks later...

^^^$150 an hr.. lol

When I do boxes, I charge parts cost x's 2.5

That usually covers time and effort

But when you start getting to something that big, its more time than parts cost by far

You will get alot of answers on here from $1000- 5000 I bet

but I would just try to assume time to build, since you work for yourself, you dont have to charge the $60-80 shop hr that shops charge

If you think it will take 40hrs to build is $20hr plus parts out of the question?

That would be somewhere around $1k

its all up to you, and what you feel your time is worth... I would start high, and work from there

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i was thinking the 1200-1500 dollar range...assuming you're also going to be installing it and charging separately for installation/woofers/finishing

the time you're going to invest cutting/glueing, designing...and then a few sheets of mdf, bottles of glue, nails...make it worth it to yourself

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I dont know if 5 deep fit, even when the first 2 are on the slant.

cut like that including box cut and boot Id charge about 1400 for a basic wood box with finish panels for linex.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I dont know if 5 deep fit, even when the first 2 are on the slant.

cut like that including box cut and boot Id charge about 1400 for a basic wood box with finish panels for linex.

shit thats way more reasonable then i would have thought

my basic cut is 850 includes box, boot, and cut with carpet front panel.

Not everything is a 9k box that comes out of here.. I promise..lol

and hey bitch you have to come listen to my burban.

Mandatory!!

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

thanks for the replys. last i told the guy was, cost of materials plus a 18" omega from casade designs.

but i like how you would charge forevrbumpin. i work very effencet i dont take 2 hour breaks so maybe alittle more than $20hr. usally when i do one of my specials ($100 for a ported enclosure designed for your listen preference and audio equipment, it takes me 3 hours tops. so after $40 for materials it works out the same. but an enclosure that i asked about in this thread will take aleast 4 or 5 full days. $$$$$$$

hey ken. im almost done with the accord i was tellin you about. i worked on it all of yesterday and all of today. almost done just alittle more glassing here and there then install the top piece of mdf. then im done. then it time to start the next customer in line, he wants a kerfed ported enclosure carpeted with lime green paint in the port, no 90s all 45s. box for a single 18" omega. then two others. man i think i need to hire some help. it seems everyone all at once wants my enclosures...

Idyllic Enclosures,

Pat

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/1056808545.html