Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer Overheating?

t-roy

Your clipping. Clipping=BAD

Clipping is sending DC current to your subs and is very bad, infact you will probbly blow your sub in acouple of days.

You must turn your sub amp gain control down.

Alittle warmth on the cone is not bad but actual heat or the word HOT is a very very bad thing man.

If you have a bass boost turned up, you could start turnning it down first. Unless you like the bass boost. Then leave it where its at and turn down the gain control on the sub amp.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

when a sub get very hot can it actually kick off?

A sub won't click off. It will blow.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

^^^^^^^^Oh ya!

To much power can just straight smoke a sub. Melt your voice coil to the pool piece or I have seen were the voice burnt the material that made up the voice coil former and actually burned the voice coil off of the cone.(Poor bastard didn't even make it past one or two burps with 12,000 watts.WTF!) (15in)

Terryswork001.png

I found out that mine don't like a 10hz tone at full volume for about a minute and a half...lol they got nice and smoky smellin, was able to figure out what the smell was before I fried them though :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

clipping wont blow a sub, so i dont think it's sending DC current. doesnt it have to be converted to DC current? just as the amp converts it to AC current? but the clipping doesnt blow the sub, it's the heat that the clipping produces. i have a link at home that goes pretty in depth about it from some electrical engineers. either way clipping is bad

Archived