Second Skin Audio

Which Subwoofer?

BassAddict32

mines pretty loud now, I had some lady give me finger at the store today, I wasn't even blastin it, and she yelled "TURN THAT SHIT DOWN" so naturally I cranked it as loud as it would go and laughed, then she gave me the finger...lol

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

mines pretty loud now, I had some lady give me finger at the store today, I wasn't even blastin it, and she yelled "TURN THAT SHIT DOWN" so naturally I cranked it as loud as it would go and laughed, then she gave me the finger...lol

lol. what are you running? i normally don't have it up loud but sometimes i do it just to see if people look. i love it. lol

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

lol. what are you running? i normally don't have it up loud but sometimes i do it just to see if people look. i love it. lol

look at my sig, just don't let the "300" watts fool you, everyone thats heard it doesn't believe it's only 300...lol

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

yea, i'm still going with DC. but probably just 1 amp. 1 bigger amp that is. and 5 batts or 6 batts just to get that power all out. and 3 or 4 alts just to make sure my truck doesn't blow up on me. lol

if i was running 4 subs in a big box i wouldnt run 1 amp.. theres a thing called box rise and typically a bigger box youll get more and itll raise your final impedance the amp see's and you wont be getting full potential out of your amp and finding yourself wanting to crank the gain or bass boost and clip the hell out of your subs and fry them.. running a amp to each subs usually helps with this problem well one of the ways.. but if you run multiple amps you need DMM to match all the gains on the amps or if you get a Hifonics Maxx-Link or RFs new item thatll help setting the gain much easier.. but for a first system just a good 1000-1500rms is plenty enough.. jus build your way into it and learn more and more and with that comes great experience then you can run your multiple thousand watt rms systems because even messing with 3000rms is no joke..

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

if i was running 4 subs in a big box i wouldnt run 1 amp.. theres a thing called box rise and typically a bigger box youll get more and itll raise your final impedance the amp see's and you wont be getting full potential out of your amp and finding yourself wanting to crank the gain or bass boost and clip the hell out of your subs and fry them.. running a amp to each subs usually helps with this problem well one of the ways.. but if you run multiple amps you need DMM to match all the gains on the amps or if you get a Hifonics Maxx-Link or RFs new item thatll help setting the gain much easier.. but for a first system just a good 1000-1500rms is plenty enough.. jus build your way into it and learn more and more and with that comes great experience then you can run your multiple thousand watt rms systems because even messing with 3000rms is no joke..

he is very right about messing with 3k rms is no joke tho !

invest in a voltage meter as well, i dont have a H/O alt yet and i have to watch my voltage so it wont fry my amp LOL

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

he is very right about messing with 3k rms is no joke tho !

invest in a voltage meter as well, i dont have a H/O alt yet and i have to watch my voltage so it wont fry my amp LOL

well the ho alt will one of my first things. i'll have 3 or 4 of them. lol

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

lol. wow. you need pics to see how it's set up.

umm..ok, they'll be boring but I'll get some tommorow :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

talk abotu double posting u tripple posted on my quote hahah... but yeah save some money 10k is not worth it maybe if you were to get sponsered and u want to give it all... then okay but for a daily dont waste your money like cerwin said buy something u can bolt on like some nice 2's or paint your car or something ya diig?

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Archived