Second Skin Audio

Which Subwoofer?

BassAddict32

in a way no1 can compare to steve, he's got a bangin system but he isnt the loudest. that doesnt matter. he started this forum to bring bassheads together, who else can say they have, forgot the number, big number lol, of members on his forum. steve is a good guy for doing all he does for us, so i say no1 can compare to steve

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

in a way no1 can compare to steve, he's got a bangin system but he isnt the loudest. that doesnt matter. he started this forum to bring bassheads together, who else can say they have, forgot the number, big number lol, of members on his forum. steve is a good guy for doing all he does for us, so i say no1 can compare to steve

when you put it that way, yes, no one can compare. and there are some people that are louder. i will say that. but for a daily driver with only 4 18's and still the second row seats? i think it's pretty dang good if ya ask me.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

hes gonna be daily listening.. and probably listening to it the whole time hes driving.. he needs as many amps as possible to keep them batterys up and charged.

i garuntee that his setup wont be be as efficient as steves either.. also i dont think that steve bumps his shit everywhere he drives..

I run 9k on one 300A alternator and six Kinetik batteries. I don't even see a voltage drop at idle. If you're gonna help the kid at least know what you're talking about.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I run 9k on one 300A alternator and six Kinetik batteries. I don't even see a voltage drop at idle. If you're gonna help the kid at least know what you're talking about.

so you think 1 alt should do? because i was gonna get the 300A alt. but i was going to use 4 or 5 D3100s or D2700s

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

so you think 1 alt should do? because i was gonna get the 300A alt. but i was going to use 4 or 5 D3100s or D2700s

I'll say if you're really gonna do this and stick with 5k watts give or take, then five or six big batteries and a 300A externally regulated alternator should be fine for power. You could even get away with less batteries, but I'd go with five at least. Stick with D3100s. You can't go wrong with them and you won't be disappointed if you gotta go bigger later.

As far as power, go ahead and go all out, but with the system, do what you're thinking and tone it down a bit until you learn the ropes.

[email protected]

I'll say if you're really gonna do this and stick with 5k watts give or take, then five or six big batteries and a 300A externally regulated alternator should be fine for power. You could even get away with less batteries, but I'd go with five at least. Stick with D3100s. You can't go wrong with them and you won't be disappointed if you gotta go bigger later.

As far as power, go ahead and go all out, but with the system, do what you're thinking and tone it down a bit until you learn the ropes.

alright. that's what i was thinking about doing. thanks man.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

do you listen to your system when your driving around town?

do you listen to your system for at least a 45 mins constantly?

if you awnsered yes truthfully to both of those questions then i will shut the hell up

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

if you awnsered yes truthfully to both of those questions then i will shut the hell up

wow. i'm kinda believing you because you do make a point. if i drive around town then it'll take up more power and whatnot so needing more alternators is a must. i'll probably put 3 in just to be safe.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

QUOTE (Neo_frog @ Feb 13 2009, 10:59 PM)

And driving around means he'd be constantly above idle. Check out galacticmonkey's system. Or Neil Barber's system. Both of them had 20,000+W with one alternator. Even assman had one alternator. It's unneccessary if it's done right.

I could let my car play at full tilt for hours. Have you even owned a big system? I'm guessing not.

wow. i'm kinda believing you because you do make a point. if i drive around town then it'll take up more power and whatnot so needing more alternators is a must. i'll probably put 3 in just to be safe.

Driving around eases the stress on the alternators because you'll be revving your engine constantly. It doesn't use more power. But do what you want. You'll probably just change your mind anyways.

[email protected]

Archived