Chevy Blazer Alt.

Recently i came across a few articles, and i found some very interesting. In newer model chevy suvs, pickups, etc. they use either a 130amp or 145 amp alternator. The interesting part that i found out about it, is that these particular alternators will fit up to any chevy 4.3L engine, take for example the one in most blazers. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this before, and want to here some of your guys opinion on it. I'm convinced it would work after seeing examples and a few pictures, the there are slight modifications like longer bolt, and belt, and a wiring harness, but no serious modifications would have to be done. So what do you guys think?

S10 Forums

there is one example

if anyone has anymore feel free to post.

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

Guest Just_Rob
Recently i came across a few articles, and i found some very interesting. In newer model chevy suvs, pickups, etc. they use either a 130amp or 145 amp alternator. The interesting part that i found out about it, is that these particular alternators will fit up to any chevy 4.3L engine, take for example the one in most blazers. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this before, and want to here some of your guys opinion on it. I'm convinced it would work after seeing examples and a few pictures, the there are slight modifications like longer bolt, and belt, and a wiring harness, but no serious modifications would have to be done. So what do you guys think?

S10 Forums

there is one example

if anyone has anymore feel free to post.

Newer AD style alternators are direct swaps, and far and away the best bang for the buck upgrade you can do for the S-10's... I've seen that thread before, and it's good info.. We have the 170/145 amp alts in either new OEM versions, or 100% USA made alternators... Either way, BEWARE low prices and chinese made alternators from the source mentioned in the article, new OEM or USA made with OEM parts is the ONLY way to go... Yes, they are more $$$ but they will last 200K miles and you'll never hurt them.. If you want more details about the install process, hit me with a PM or post up and I'll help you in any way I can.. Rob

I got both my ad244 alts, just have not put them on yet

1e792030.jpg

If you use the ad244 alt you need a longer belt.....i think 1"

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

yeah i read about the 1 inch longer belt, i just felt i should post this cause i know there's a lot of people that drive blazers out there and like Rob said this could be one of the best bang for you buck upgrades you can do on one. and i just wasnted to see if anyone else has did it before.

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

Hmmmmm wonder if there is anything like this for an astro.......

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Guest Just_Rob
Hmmmmm wonder if there is anything like this for an astro.......

Depending on which year, some it would be a direct bolt on some would require minor bracket mods.. If it has the same dual spool, shouldnt be an issue at all.. Dual spool alternators are pretty close to the same as the offset mount on the early Astro's... Rob

Guest Just_Rob
All small block GM alternators have the same bolt pattern including the 4.3L v6. All the alternators are interchangeable.

From '96 model year and up, yes, they are all the same mount small or large case.. The dual spool AD type alternators though can be modified to fit the pre '96 offset CS130 type alternators as well... In '94 and '95 though, they used an offset mount on the 4.3L V6 and 2.2/2.5 in the S10's up to '02 I think that was the same mount as the early CS130 type alternator..

Archived