3 Red Tops, Dimming Headlights

OK, we JUST got the car a few weeks ago and started installing the system. it's not done yet by a long shot. I do not have the big 3 done yet. I do not have a HO alt. however, I used to run 1 red top under the hood and 1 stinger spv70 in the back without big 3 or HO alt in an Olds Cutlass and Dodge Intrepid with ZERO problems. the systems in those were WAY louder and hit much much harder than this one, plus I had a kicker 350.4 and 200.2 in those as well. when I ran the lanzar it, it was at 1 ohm , now only 2 ohm, and before that an inefficient Audiobahn A1500HCT that popped 100amp fuses left and right till I just ran the power wire strait to the battery no fuse.

this one is totally not ready... single 2 ohm coil on a Lanzar OPTI2000D...and it clips very easily. I can hear clipping and I back it off. Sometimes the sub starts to stink a little. The amp is rated 1100 RMS @ 2ohms, but I am going to guess I'm doing no more than 900. We first put 1 redtop under the hood and hooked up 1 of the 5 in back. With 2 hooked up, no big 3 or HO alt, I STILL should not get any headlight dimming even "full tilt" at 2 ohm, but I cant do that or I clip and cook. But we keep it real, real low because of that..and it still dims! Hooked up a second in back and took the extra 3 completely out for now. Same problem... solid grounds for both of them.

What gives? 10 amp draw per battery, so 30 amps now. Just guessing no more than 50 amps for the amp (probobly much less) so yeah yeah, maybe up to 80 amps in addition to normal current draw, but still... i never had that with my intrepid or cutlass!

OLDs... 1 red top, 1 stinger spv 70, 1 Audiobahn A1500HCT 1 Kicker KX350.4 1... no big 3, no HO alt! (had that worthless cap in there for a while, oooh... 1 farad... I'd take 1 battery over 100 farads any day of the week)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553176

amandaandbox007.jpg

INTREP... lanzar opti 1ohm, kicker 350.4 and 200.2... red top and yellow top, no big 3, no HO, NO DIM!

ya004.jpg

Picture008-5.jpg

even ran a XX-Colossus I bought Hexi... but it was damaged, clipped at low power, not near as loud as the other 2 amps... current draw minimal

amandaandbox007.jpg

used to use 8 guage power wire and distro blocks for speaker wire for very low resistance

Picture15.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture004-4.jpg

IB3 22"

Headlights are an unregulated source so whether your voltage drops or not your lights are going to dim....get HIDs if you don't want your lights dimming....

Trust me....I hold a solid 14v-14.3v while driving and my interior lights dim slightly.....I have a 105amp alternator, stock 690cca battery and two stinger spv35s in the rear....all 1/0g ~180amps of current draw for the system alone.

edit: for spelling lol.

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Hooray for max gain?

Sorry kid, if 100a is the reccomended fuse size and you're popping it, you've got the gain and/or bass boost up too high.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Headlights are an unregulated source so whether your voltage drops or not your lights are going to dim....get HIDs if you don't want your lights dimming....

Trust me....I hold a solid 14v-14.3v while driving and my interior lights dim slightly.....I have a 105amp alternator, stock 690cca battery and two stinger spv35s in the rear....all 1/0g ~180amps of current draw for the system alone.

thats why your lights dim.

btw, getting hids doesnt cause your lights to stop dimming. dont believe me.....come check my car out sometime

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

thats why your lights dim.

btw, getting hids doesnt cause your lights to stop dimming. dont believe me.....come check my car out sometime

No light dimming for me so sry....HIDs didn't dim in my talon with a 75amp alt...and no dimming in my blazer.

edit: Do you wanna sell you SPV70?

Edited by wL<3bass

My YouTube Videos

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

No light dimming for me so sry....HIDs didn't dim in my talon with a 75amp alt...and no dimming in my blazer.

edit: Do you wanna sell you SPV70?

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Very clearly talking about my HIDs dimming since you wanna be a smart ass.

edit: and nowhere in this post did he ask "how do I stop my interior lights from dimming" he is concerned about his headlights....which getting HIDs would solve that problem.

Edited by wL<3bass

My YouTube Videos

Very clearly talking about my HIDs dimming since you wanna be a smart ass.

edit: and nowhere in this post did he ask "how do I stop my interior lights from dimming" he is concerned about his headlights....which getting HIDs would solve that problem.

actually i wasnt a smart ass. but since you called me one, why did you even bring up your interior lights then when he's talking about his head lights? and once again, hids will NOT always solve that problem.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg