*sigh* Doing Big 3 Now

stock alt is bolted to engine, which is in turn bolted to chassis, forming the circuit

personally i ran a 0g ground from the bolt that mounts the alt to the engine, and grounded that to frame, took care of alt and engine ground with one thick nice wire

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

while your digging- ground the alt :)

I've found that it has a massive impact on voltage, I try and keep my Alt ground the same size as my main power wire

-Drew

Ground the alt? The alternator is gounded by all the bracketry holding it in place....If the big 3 is done correctly you wouldnt need to ground the alt

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

there should be a screw hole for bolting the wire onto the alt.

tomorrow it will be done!

Hey guys, NO DIMMING! THANK YOU! Sorry to whoever I went off on about not using 0/1 gauge... it's been a pet pevie of mine, and... no excuse... I'm sorry man!

So it didn't take long, it worked, I have her running now to get a good charge so I can test my batteries again.

Now you can all hate too that I didn't use fuses or breakers, so when my shit blows up and I kill innocent people with my fire, hey, ya'll tried to warn me! My smart ass even took a pic of 4 unopened 150A breakers I DIDNT use :D (I have 6 total, used 1 for power from front to back and 1 as a temporary $60 toggle switch for the amp remote :D :D )

So I went to walmart, got 2 terminal ring sets, 1 brace top post clamp, 1 long screw for the side post cuz 3 terminal rings per battery is hard on it so I'll test one and maybe redo them all later... and a fuckin package of TP!

They ended up being 2 guage! So I brought em back, chick was like "they're not on here sir". Long story short, someone retuned a brand they dont cary and it made it back on the shelves, when i rung them up it did an "OK" beep so I thought, but it was a "not ok" beep. never paid for them! Couldn't exchange them! Ran all over to beat hell with 4 supervisors thinkin I was a thief! They apologized and let me keep them, they actually clamped better than the 4 gauge!!

IB3 22"

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

didnt get any final pics that were good... don't have that nice camera anymore, back to the POS

but I have a clamp on top post with ground to chassi, clamp on positive with 150A breaker power to back 2 batteries and power to alt, and chassis to motor mount bracket bolt... on the motor side :D after the rubber bushing :D even I didn't mess that up haha

IB3 22"

OK, still get dimming lights, oh well. However, when testing the batteries again I realized when I shut the door, the headlights stay on a bit so the front battery dips to 12.18 but after the lighs shut off after a few minutes, it climbs back up to 12.4 or more, so batteries are OK...that's the main thing.

IB3 22"

If you are allowing the alternator to charge all the batteries by itself, you will never get a full charge especially if you have let them get low at all. Use a battery conditioner or trickle charger and top off the batteries and you will should see a difference. The next step I would recommend is a MLA module, have the alt put out 15.3v to overcome the internal resistance in the multiple batteries and they should stay nice and charged. A .3 drop in voltage for the "don't rape me lights" staying on for a minute seems like a lot. But it does sound like you are headed in the right direction, keep it up and you will have this fixed in no time!

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Ground the alt? The alternator is gounded by all the bracketry holding it in place....If the big 3 is done correctly you wouldnt need to ground the alt

efficiency is the name of the game with engine bay wires :) if the stock electrical was efficient enough big 3 would not be needed

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew