Sonic Electronix

depends on what you mean by broken? check fuses. if blown then send it back to suckfonics. lol

send back to maxxsonics or amp repair center.

www.amprepaircenter.com

try DB-r also.

ive had experience with ARC though and only didnt have my amp a week with shipping.

Edited by dwright27

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

send back to maxxsonics or amp repair center.

www.amprepaircenter.com

dry DB-r and CIA also.

ive had experience with ARC though and only didnt have my amp a week with shipping.

I agree with all but CIA Engineering. They are fucking hacks and then some.

I had an amp fixed there, they fixed my blown mosfets by cutting out my old mosfets and soldering the new mosfets to the blown mosfets legs.

They never took the PCB out of the amps heatsink to remove the old mosfet feet, and solder the new mosfets into the PCB directly.

Db-r is a awsome company that does great quality work and have very fair prices. Ive never delt with them personally but all the review Ive read where A+, I also talked to him on the phone a few times about certain things. However depending on the season, they are packed full of repairs and warranty items. But almost everytime you call no matter how busy they are, someone will pick up the phone and give you whatever assistance you need.

Ive use ARC or amp repair center a few times already now in the past year or so. Every time I received a fast turn around time on repaired amps (usally 2 weeks or less)! Free return shipping, and a 3 month warranty.

Also almost everytime you call ARC, Scott will answer the phone, if no one answers and you leave a message you will get a return call the same day.

Needless to say I will be dealing with ARC again soon to have them fix CIA Engineerings hack fix that lasted maybe a week..

Here is a pic of cia's repair job.

You can notice the larger booger solder globs.

DCAO0216.jpg

Edit: I also want to add that CIA use to be a Hifonics and American Bass Authorized repair facility, and this is where your amp will end up at for repairs. However I heard from a team maxxsonics guy that they are no longer an authorized repair center when I talked to him at the shows. I also heard this from another amp repair company too. And Bob (the owner of) American Bass also says they dont use them anymore either.

Edited by Bangin Caddy

I had an amp fixed there, they fixed my blown mosfets by cutting out my old mosfets and soldering the new mosfets to the blown mosfets legs.

They never took the PCB out of the amps heatsink to remove the old mosfet feet, and solder the new mosfets into the PCB directly.

Db-r is a awsome company that does great quality work and have very fair prices. Ive never delt with them personally but all the review Ive read where A+, I also talked to him on the phone a few times about certain things. However depending on the season, they are packed full of repairs and warranty items. But almost everytime you call no matter how busy they are, someone will pick up the phone and give you whatever assistance you need.

Ive use ARC or amp repair center a few times already now in the past year or so. Every time I received a fast turn around time on repaired amps (usally 2 weeks or less)! Free return shipping, and a 3 month warranty.

Also almost everytime you call ARC, Scott will answer the phone, if no one answers and you leave a message you will get a return call the same day.

Needless to say I will be dealing with ARC again soon to have them fix CIA Engineerings hack fix that lasted maybe a week..

DCAO0216.jpg

i only said CIA because they came to mind ..... ill edit my post though :) thanks for the info.....iknow where i wont be sending any amps.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

DCAO0216.jpg

not 100 percent sure but think there is a maxxsonics somewhere locally..chicago that is..work for a shipping company and remember seeing a shipment from them somewhere around here..

i only said CIA because they came to mind ..... ill edit my post though :) thanks for the info.....iknow where i wont be sending any amps.

Its all good, I just had a horror story and thought i didnt get what I paid for.

Also cia's turn around time is pretty slow, compairable to db-r, but cia's quality of work was not there. Then everytime you called some securtairy chick answered and never seem to know what was going on, maybe they just had a bad filing system, but you almost always had to wait for a return call to figure out what was going on.

Theres a few more companies that do decent work from the rumors, but I forgot the names, Im sure you can find them if you search amprepair in the amp forum.

But your two top dogs in the repair business seem to be db-r and ARC (amprepaircenter.com).

You cant go wrong with either, both offer great customer support, prices, quality repairs. :)

not 100 percent sure but think there is a maxxsonics somewhere locally..chicago that is..work for a shipping company and remember seeing a shipment from them somewhere around here..

yes, they are locally to me in CHI, ive been there cool place, wanna go back. They are now doing their own inhouse repairs that Im aware of, however a few years ago cia engineering is what "was" used most times, unless you just got your amps swapped out for new. :)