i've really never seen anyone do it just like that before, but it looks beefy as all hell, and looks stronger than what i had in mind (like not cutting them, just touching them and glueing them together where they touch)

i knew i was gonna learn something from you ;) going to continue them all the way to the sides i suppose?

Yea, I have 2 more pieces cut, flat on one end and cut with the drill bit on the other, so I can attach to "top/bottom" rod and the side wall. Going to do that tomorrow. I have the ports all cemented together now, I just have to glue them into the box.

I really have no idea how I came up with that idea but it worked really good. Solid as all hell. I probably watched one too many episodes of New Yankee Workshop hahahaha

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

countersink the kicks and run really strong grills, people will ALWAYS kick them

x2 for doors, those e8's will def take a boot or two if they are in your front door

(i've been through like 5 grills now, all on the passenger door, lol. better to break a grill then a 50-100dollar woofer)

take a look at my build if you want an idea or two with the doors, i'm looking to redo it soon though, i dont like how it looks =/

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

countersink the kicks and run really strong grills, people will ALWAYS kick them

x2 for doors, those e8's will def take a boot or two if they are in your front door

(i've been through like 5 grills now, all on the passenger door, lol. better to break a grill then a 50-100dollar woofer)

take a look at my build if you want an idea or two with the doors, i'm looking to redo it soon though, i dont like how it looks =/

Already checked it out, hehehe.

The 8"s in the doors, I'm going to try to fit them behind the factory grills, the maxima doors are very thick, other Max owners have put 8"s behind them, not sure if they are as deep as the sundowns though. Worst case, I'll bring the factory grills out a little bit with some glass. Now for the kicks, are the parts-express speaker grills ok? I just need them for the 6 1/2's.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Archived