yea that is true...speakin of hu i cant believe pioneer is going under WTF...anyway what kinda deck u lookin at gettin??

Alpine IVA-W505, its one of 2 things in my sig I don't own yet. The other is the RUX-C701 controller for the eq. The HU will control it as well, but I like the display on the RUX.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

im loving this build! i like 90% postive that im going to buy another 97-99 maxima (hopefully black on black) but i dont think im going to put 15's in it ..prolly just 2 12's firing into the cabin off a gp3000d..

Let me know if you do, I'll give you the exact measurements so you can fit it the same way, you can just make it so it is not as deep into the trunk so you would still have lots of trunk space left. Just gotta clear those darn struts.

97 Maxima SE

Let me know if you do, I'll give you the exact measurements so you can fit it the same way, you can just make it so it is not as deep into the trunk so you would still have lots of trunk space left. Just gotta clear those darn struts.

okay cool.PM me those measurements

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

:clapping: keep it comming man!

hehehe, I will, I will. I'm doing some planning today, figuring out what RCA cables and splitters I need and might even get some power cable run between the hood and trunk. Tomorrow morning unless something comes up, I'm going to try starting my kicks.

97 Maxima SE

Damn, I'm tired. I ran 2 runs of 1/0 Knukoncepts Fleks Kable to the trunk. I was able to run them from under the hood, thru the fender well (behind the splash guard) where the stock nissan cables go through. There is a huge rubber grommet that is very flexible that I was able to just push the cables thru right next to the stock cables. Fed them thru the cable channels under the carpet on the drivers side all the way to the back seat, then right up into the trunk. I still have to tie them up, but I'm not sure exactly how I want to route them along the side of the trunk yet, I just wanted to get them through the car. I'm thinking I'll just run the speaker wires and the Alpine cables under the carpet through the center console. All the rca's will be in the trunk. I'll take pics after I get something made along the lines of a small buss bar to mount on the batteries.

97 Maxima SE

Well I finally got the guts to start the kick pods. I started on the drivers side since there is more stuff to work around, that way when I do the passenger side it will be a breeze.

Pulled the kick panel out and layed down lots of masking tape.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I took the dremel to the kick panel and cut out a huge section to make some clearance for the tang bands underhung motor assembly.

Posted Image

And here it is all gooped up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

97 Maxima SE

Time for the passenger side kick. Wow was this one easier !!! No brake peddle, steering wheel, etc.... in the damn way.

Got it all taped up and foiled.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This time I was more patient and layed down a minimum of 3 layers of mat, in all the corners and some other areas I put 4. Once its out of the car and cured, I'll seal up around where the glass attaches to the kick panel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also layed up some more mat on the drivers side kick and worked in some mat where the glass attaches to the kick panel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The palm tree works great for hanging something out to dry :)

Posted Image

97 Maxima SE

Archived