No new pics, but I finally pulled the box out of the garage and finished sealing up the inside of the baffle. Sealed around the aero ports with foam sealant and then glassed over that as well as glassed the back of the baffle and corners. I never thought I would miss the smell of resin, but it smelled goooood.

Hopefully this week I can do some sanding on the kicks and then put some Rage Extreme on them and do some final sanding.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

• 4 weeks later...

Where are you at on the build? This thing looks like it will be a real SQL monster!

I love the components you picked out. Tang-Band is really coming out with some strong stuff.

Very very good work thus far! Especially with your first time using fiberglass.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I love seeing people do these trunk builds. I lay at night dreaming about the day I can do this to my Impala. Your doing very nice work dude. Ill be saving this thread for future reference when trying to do my build. I'm sure taking your time really paid off. Having patience can go along way in something like this, I learned that the hard way. Keep up the amazing work man.

2008 Hummer H3

x2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V2 12s

x1 Sundown Audio 3000D

Where are you at on the build? This thing looks like it will be a real SQL monster!

I love the components you picked out. Tang-Band is really coming out with some strong stuff.

Very very good work thus far! Especially with your first time using fiberglass.

Thanks Colin !! I'm working on getting my rear batteries situated. I made a base that fits perfectly in the sparetire well that the batteries sit on, now I just have to cut the sides that will hold the batteries in place. I'm going to try to get that started this week, no promises. 12 hour work days are killing me. Once I get that done, i'm going to wire up the trunk, then work on how to mount these huge amps. I still have to cover or paint the kicks, and cover the box.

I love seeing people do these trunk builds. I lay at night dreaming about the day I can do this to my Impala. Your doing very nice work dude. Ill be saving this thread for future reference when trying to do my build. I'm sure taking your time really paid off. Having patience can go along way in something like this, I learned that the hard way. Keep up the amazing work man.

Thanks !! Yea, I'm glad I took my time (when I had time to work on it hehehe). I had some issues along the way and instead of rushing it, I took my time and worked around them properly. Right now its just a matter of getting very small slices of free time to try and finish this up.

Do you remember what model number these are

I sure do. I bought one each of these and cut them both in half so I have 2 6" pieces for the front battery and 2 1.5' pieces for the rear. Got them from www.mcmaster.com

8964K29 1 Each Multipurpose Copper (alloy 110), 3/8" Thick, 1-1/2" Width, 3’ Length

8964K424 1 Each Multipurpose Copper (alloy 110), 3/8" Thick, 1-1/2" Width, 1’ Length

97 Maxima SE

ay i got a 2000 maxima se edition which do u got how does the sundown compare with the stock bose system im thinkin of changin out my speakers but idk if i should or not lol

alpine type r 12

kenwood 8104d(soon to be diablo audiotechnologies 1000.1

tsauni 60amp fuse

soon to have alpine cda9887hu

also soon to have alpine type r componets

Vehicle:2002 Toyota sequoia limited edition

Subwoofer:American bass xfl 12soon to be vfl comp

Amp:2American bass phantom 4ks 4000rms (using one fornow)

Headunit:Alpine cda 105

TL scre:141.75 at 35hz going to try to get it to a 45 with the new build!

My youtube channel !

Team extreme amperage

My facebook !

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, gotta day off Thanks Columbus!!!

Time to finish off this battery holder...

A couple of pictures of the bottom that fits perfectly in the spare tire well and the sides of the battery compartments, screwed and glued.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is what it looks like in the trunk with the batteries in it.

Posted Image

Outside walls are on now.

Posted Image

What I'm going to do for the center is cut a hexagon out of plywood that fits right in the middle and drill a hole in it and use the screwdown for the sparetire to hold it in. That way I can just take that piece out and the batteries can come out easier for maintenance. I wanted to get that done and the buss bars done today, but I ran out of time. Thanks for lookin!!!

97 Maxima SE

• 2 weeks later...

Got the center piece cut and fit. I just have to trim the side that faces the empty battery compartment. I'm going to order the 5th 925 on Monday, when I put it in, I'll trim the center piece to fit.

dsc01196.jpg

dsc01197.jpg

With the top on.

dsc01198.jpg

dsc01199.jpg

With the carpet on. What batteries?

dsc01200.jpg

dsc01201.jpg

97 Maxima SE

That battery rack is tight Kudos to you!

NSPL 2001 Trunk 251-500 world champion. 2009 2nd place 0-1800 147.9 under 1800 watts. 2011 0-3601 Trunk Champion. No Typo Current 0-3600 Trunk WR Holder! 149.9 (0-1800) /147.5 (1801-3600) /???.? (3601-up) need new front window first! TEAMHIGHX-CURSIONsig-1.jpg

Learn to be quiet about what your workin on.. L O S E = (L)etting (O)thers (S)ee (E)verything

Archived