Second Skin Audio

Calculating Range Of Enclosure Frequencies

Is there is a way to tune your box so it plays a broader range of frequencies? Like from 28hz to 45hz? I understand big subs do better (have more authority) on the lows, and smaller sub are better for higher end bass. But is there a way to compromise for the size of sub woofers when tuning the box, so the enclosure can play more frequencies? Like if i wanted to go with 2x 15's, that i know will do well in the lower end, tune it to like 34hz... will it be able to hit the lows as good as some 12's tuned to 30hz because the 15's are bigger? if so, then it will also be able to sound just as good or better on the higher end bass, b/c its tuned higher right?

Also if it's possible can more experienced enclosure builders and designer's give me a specific tuning and the range that specific tuning of the enclosure will be able to play? I understand that all subs are not made equal, and sq subs will sound better then regular subs and what not. I am just a general estimation:

example:

12inch sub/ tuned to 32hz/ will play: 28hz-38hz

understand??

if not leave questions so i can be more specific when answering them.

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

invest in Basbox6.0 pro

you can see freq response graphs outside of car, and inside car... usually for a wide freq response, you will want to do a smaller, ported box, with a smaller port, but that is also based on the subs ability

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

invest in Basbox6.0 pro

you can see freq response graphs outside of car, and inside car... usually for a wide freq response, you will want to do a smaller, ported box, with a smaller port, but that is also based on the subs ability

what exactly is that?? and where can i get one?

well, im leaning towards 2x type r 15's... i was thinking 33hz...

so your saying i should go with a smaller box, and a smaller port, but still tune to 33z, and that should give me a broader range of frequencies i can play right?

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

larger boxes, larger port centers more on tunning point

smaller boxes, longer port gives a wider freq range, less emphasis on port tuning

again, this is subjective towards the sub

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

what exactly is that?? and where can i get one?

If you got some sort of messaging program I can get you that on the low :)

Bassbox pro is a speaker box design program that has multiple parmaters for many speakers, or you can enter them in yourself.

my aim is: cpytrw

yahoo is : lilpopimp82

ever thought of a 4th order bandpass, my buddy built one with 4 15" in his jeep, peaked at 34, and 45hz if i remember right, got pretty darn loud too Pic081.jpg, bad pic, put it had 4 4'' aeros just below the bottom of the pic,

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

damn Bangin, now you got to start charging people!!

sundown.jpg