Wtf? A Ban On Kids Atv's And Dirt Bikes!

this is just another way for the green-weenie tree huggers to try and get their way... no one has ever got lead poisoning from an atv or dirt bike! this shit wont last long... give it maybe 2 months or so and then parts will be available and shops will also be able to sell stock on hand. by 2010 there will be no more lead on them at all... last week at the track i signed a petition provided by the AMA that already had thousands of sigs on it. loud pipes, lead parts... whats next? i like trees and all, but not if their rite in the middle of my favorite trail.

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

does this mean that theyll be selling fiddys with lead in them for cheap just to get them off the shelves caus i could use one lol

ooh! i hope so... im lookin to get a klx11o for my kid.

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

gas and oil is poisonous...it goes IN the 4 wheeler...easier to consume than a chunk of metal....ban gas and oil :rolleyes:

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

gas and oil are poisonous...it goes IN the 4 wheeler...easier to consume than a chunk of metal....ban gas and oil :rolleyes:

dont give them any ideas :dry:

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

The fiddy cc movement in the last few years has been really crazy I don't know how they could tell if the rider was going to be 18 or 15. Seems like an epic fail x 100 million

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

FYI, Just received this via email:

UPDATE ON CHILDREN'S OHV BAN:

BUREAUCRATS REFUSE TO LISTEN - INCLUDE CHILDREN'S SNOWMOBILES IN BAN

Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,

Despite calls for Congressional hearings (http://www.sharetrails.org/alerts/?alert=951) the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is refusing to lift the ban on children's off highway vehicles.

CPSC Commissioners voted late last week on procedures for determining exclusions. Based on that vote, BRC is not optimistic that the exclusion for youth model ATVs and dirt bikes will be granted anytime soon. Indeed, the bureaucrats at the CPSC have emphasized that their ban includes children's snowmobiles!

If you have already sent a letter to Congress and the CPSC, we want to thank you. Thanks to your many letters, phone calls, protests, and emails, the media has been reporting the obvious - that kids don't eat their ATVs and motorcycles!

The BlueRibbon Coalition is asking its members to redouble their efforts to fight the ban on youth OHVs. We are asking that folks follow up with another letter or email. We are also asking our members to forward this information to their friends and family.

The potential losses for the industry and local dealers are massive - up to $1 billion in retail economic value annually.

BRC asks you to join the efforts of the Western Caucus, Congressman Mike Simpson, Congressman Duncan Hunter, State Senator Tom Self, MIC/SVIA, and others to "encourage" the CPSC to do the right thing and grant existing petitions for a stay.

MIC's "Stop the Ban" Letter Generator and Info Site:

http://www.mic.org/stoptheban.cfm

BRC's News Release with Link to Congressman Simpson's Letter to Chairman Waxman

http://www.sharetrails.org/releases/media/?story=636

Congressman Duncan Hunter's Letter to CPSC

http://www.sharetrails.org/uploads/CPSC_Co...ch_2_Letter.pdf

Western Caucus Letter

http://www.sharetrails.org/uploads/CPSC_We..._6_20090001.pdf

State Representative Tom Self's Website

http://www.tomself.com/

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

• 3 weeks later...

Here's everyones chance to stand against this bill

BLUERIBBON COALITION ACTION ALERT!

Senate Bill to Overturn Ban on Youth ATVs and Dirt Bikes Introduced!

Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,

As most of you already know, youth-sized ATVs and dirt bikes are still banned by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), and they are still refusing to lift that ban. Well the latest news on that front was just sent to me by our partners over at Americans for Responsible Recreational Access (ARRA).

Senator Jon Tester has introduced legislation that would stop the ban. S. 608: A bill to amend the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 to exclude secondary sales, repair services, and certain vehicles from the ban on lead in children's products, and for other purposes, was introduced in the Senate on March 17, 2009.

Your Senators and Members of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee need to hear from you. So let's join with our friends at ARRA and send a letter to the Senate urging them to support S. 608.

I have pasted a copy of ARRA's Alert below. Please read it over, take action ?and pass it along.

It's extremely important that you continue to fight this ban and have your voice heard.

Thanks in advance for your support,

Ric Foster

Public Lands Department Manager

BlueRibbon Coalition

208-237-1008 ext 107

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senate Bill to Overturn Ban on Youth ATVs and Dirt Bikes Introduced!

Weigh in to Have Your Voice Heard!

Youth sized ATVs and dirt bikes are still banned. We need your help to continue to build enough pressure to get the ban overturned. It is unlikely that the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) will act to approve the Motorcycle Industry Council's petition to grant regulatory relief. This means we need Congress to act.

Senator Tester (D-MT) has introduced legislation, S. 608 that would stop the ban. Please click the Take Action button below to urge your Senators and Members of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee to support this bill.

ARRA members have responded in huge numbers on this issue already, but it is important that you continue to have your voice heard.

After you weigh in, please use the Tell-A-Friend feature to forward this alert to everyone you know that rides. It is imperative that the voice of every rider be heard!

For more information visit www.stopthebannow.com.

Take Action

Send a letter to the following decision maker(s):

Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation

U.S. Senate

Below is the sample letter:

Subject: Please Cosponsor S. 608

Dear ,

I'm writing today as a citizen who enjoys riding ATVs / dirt bikes. I urge you to co-sponsor and support S. 608 which will exempt youth model all-terrain vehicles and off-highway motorcycles from the lead content provisions of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA).

Although the powersports industry has demonstrated that the lead content in the metal parts of ATVs and dirt bikes pose no risk to children's health, the Consumer Product Safety Commission's (CPSC) recent approval of a final rule imposing strict standards for excluding products from the new lead content limits makes clear that CPSC will not provide relief for youth model ATVs or dirt bikes. Congress needs to step in and make immediate amendments to the CPSIA to ensure that reasonable exclusions can be made for these products, which are piling up in stores and dealerships across the country, needlessly resulting in millions of dollars in lost sales and costs at a time when our economy and these small businesses can least afford it.

But the unintended consequences of this ban go way beyond the business and financial ramifications - it affects me personally, and it affects family and friends who ride with their children, because it destroys the chance for families to enjoy these outdoor recreational activities together. AND it poses a potentially huge safety risk if, as an alternative to having the kid-sized vehicles available, parents opt to put their kids on larger, adult-sized vehicles. PLUS, there is mass confusion. Should kids who race in off-road competitions even go to events? Will parents be able to buy critical replacement parts for their kids' ATVs or dirt bikes, like brake pieces or valve stems? Everyone suffers: dealers, manufacturers, aftermarket, motocross event operators, and especially families with children who are being denied their right to ride. And ride safely.

When the new lead standard took effect on February 10, 2009, youth models of ATVs and dirt bikes designed and intended primarily for children 6 to 12 years of age became classified as banned hazardous substances and dealerships in our area were forced to remove these perfectly good products from showrooms. Components in youth model ATVs and dirt bik es that contain small quantities of lead such as valve stems on tires, aluminum in some brake components, and terminals on batteries, do so to address safety (such as machining the deep grooves on tire valves to assure tire air retention) or for functionality (such as the lead in battery terminals, needed to conduct electricity).

The sad irony is that these youth models were created with the support of the CPSC and consumer advocates to give children a safer alternative to larger, faster adult size models. These long-term efforts to promote child safety are now seriously jeopardized. In addition, youth rider training to encourage the safe and responsible use of ATVs and dirt bikes is jeopardized because new youth models and parts and accessories for them are no longer available. As an ATV / dirt bike rider, and one who has respected the law and encouraged responsible riding, I find this to be unacceptable. The lead in those vehicles does not pose a risk to children 's health. Congress needs to stop this ban - NOW.

I respectfully ask that you co-sponsor and support S. 608 so youth ATVs and dirt bikes again will be available for sale and safe and responsible use.

Sincerely,

Sincerely,

Take Action?

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Archived