Sonic Electronix

Avy Loosin Power With Volume All The Way Up

yeah bro, its def voltage drop imo... what kind of bat does he have upfront?? If the voltage drops to low, and its not a deep cycle like Powermaster or kinetik. like if its a lead batt, i think you can do some damage to the batt upfront.

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

If its jsut doing it as of recently, then the stock alt needs checked out and the stock batery needs checked out.

I'm willing to say that its pulling too much current and over time it has started to wear down the stock components to the point something has damged.

Something as simple as a diode in the Alt or the plates inside the battery are starting to get fractured.

It needs to alteast have a high end battery at minimum as your starter battery if you want to use 1,000 watts of power.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

If its jsut doing it as of recently, then the stock alt needs checked out and the stock batery needs checked out.

I'm willing to say that its pulling too much current and over time it has started to wear down the stock components to the point something has damged.

Something as simple as a diode in the Alt or the plates inside the battery are starting to get fractured.

It needs to alteast have a high end battery at minimum as your starter battery if you want to use 1,000 watts of power.

yeah, thats exactly what i was thinking

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

The voltage drop part is obvious. That explains why the lights are dimming, why the electronics and gauges are resetting themselves and why the amps sometimes shut off completely.

The reason could be something as simple as the amps are pulling more current than the trucks stock electrical can provide, or there may be a broken part of the electrical system as ISO suggested. I'm almost 100% certain the front battery, if its a standard lead acid type, is just about done for. They do not like being deeply discharged and then slowly (if at all) recharged when driving with the system off or playing low.

I would get a good battery in there, and definitely add a large second battery for the amp. If the alternator is bad this wont solve anything, as the second battery will discharge and you'll be back to dimming lights. If that's the case I would pay close attention to the alternator, and consider getting it tested or simply replaced with a HO model.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

okay well he's ignorant as hell...i been tellin him basically what you guys are saying...that he needs more/a better battery cuz the stock one cant keep up with what everything is pullin. he just read this thread and is like..oh i guess your right.

we'll see if that solves it which it most likely will....ill let you guys know thanks.

keep postin though if you have somethin else to add.

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

okay, well he doesnt listen to well. when i took the truck back over to his house to get my car back he calls me a couple minutes ago and says...now the subs are startin to smell like ass why are they smellin. i tell him cuz he's burnin up the voice coils and hes like what are you talkin about....but honestly...i dont see why the coils would be burning up off of the pdx amp.

could they be smelling like that from the lack of voltage too?

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

okay, well he doesnt listen to well. when i took the truck back over to his house to get my car back he calls me a couple minutes ago and says...now the subs are startin to smell like ass why are they smellin. i tell him cuz he's burnin up the voice coils and hes like what are you talkin about....but honestly...i dont see why the coils would be burning up off of the pdx amp.

If they are getting shitty power then that could cause them to stink tell him to take it to a shop and have a professional look at it and set his amp the proper way

how long ago was it installed? I just barley put a new sub in my car and when im bumpin it starts to kinda smell. It's not a burning smell though. I'm just assuming the smell it stuff breaking in and the box.

DCBanner.jpg

1 DC lvl 4 15"

1 Hifonics BXi 1608D

3.2ft^3 Box tuned to 32-33Hz

Knu Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0

Knu Karma SS 8 Gauge Speaker Wire

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X493 Head Unit (coming soon)

Kenwood mids + highs (coming soon)

Build