Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

what is not working with it when you download it?

no it just gives me the layout as if i were doing the figures on paper. I think it might be my software holding me back..

EDIT: I got the tuning table working. But figd that I dont have enough room for 4 woofers if I still want to recline the back seats. Box will end up as a 24h/38w/20d 2-12 slot ported box tuned to 38hz. if I had stayed with the original 4-12 design it would have been around 17cu.ft. gross now its only gonna be 8.25cu.ft. The port will be 36in long and 6in deep. I just hope it wont be overkill of a box seeing as Im only supposed to have 3cu.ft. -- Nevermind bc the subs take up 2ft and port another 1.5 so itll be a banger..bomb.gif Thanks for posting such a helpful tool.

It is the bull.gif

• 3 weeks later...

quick question for any of you who can help

im building a box that will somewhat look like the one below

IMG_0328.jpg

on the port dimensions where would i put how wide it is how long it is and how far down it will go in the box? i want the port to stick out of the box about 5 inches so i know i will have to put "5" where the "length of external port" is but i just wanted to make sure where the length and width would go since it says height and i got a little confused.

just to help out a bit, when i look towards the box the port would be 12" long 6" wide and i want it to be a total of 18" deep

12" wide, 6" high. put 18" in the port length box, and 5" in the external port box.

just an fyi, when talking about how long a port is, it usually refers to port length (not height as your post is inferring). port area is width and height. just to help prevent confusion in any other threads you may ask in.

12" wide, 6" high. put 18" in the port length box, and 5" in the external port box.

just an fyi, when talking about how long a port is, it usually refers to port length (not height as your post is inferring). port area is width and height. just to help prevent confusion in any other threads you may ask in.

ohh ok that all makes sense. thanks for that i was stuck their and didnt want to cut any wood and have to scrap it all once i figured out i did it all wrong

ok so i have space for 15x20x15 for one 12. im very lost.

im trying to do a round port wich is 9 inch long and 4 inch for the diameter.

my question is when putting the port in the box, does it matter how far is it from the back of the box, or does it matter the over all length of the port??? im looking around 35 to 40hz.

were do i punch in all these numbers correctly

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Hello, I finally made an account after a long time lurking.

I have thousands of questions but i will start with this one.

I am building a box for my 2003 F150. It will house 2 12" BL's tuned to 32hz.

On the Fi website it says to use 12-16 square inches of vent area per cubic foot of volume.

With the calculator I'm getting 6.57sq" per foot. am I doing something wrong?

If I read the instructions correctly I am using 2 common walls for my port as it will be in

the center of the box. using the top and bottom as 2 of the port walls.

I messed with it for a while and cant get over the 7" per foot while keeping it at 32hz.

My dimensions are

13.5" tall

17" deep

57" wide

Is this box too wide? does that matter with sound quality?

If I am doing it totally wrong I apologize in advance.

Thanks.

Kevin

box-1.jpg

how would ya do a center port measurements on ya program

non slot port? just a square port? just put in port dimensions and leave the common port walls blank, or put 0 in it

ok so i have space for 15x20x15 for one 12. im very lost.

im trying to do a round port wich is 9 inch long and 4 inch for the diameter.

my question is when putting the port in the box, does it matter how far is it from the back of the box, or does it matter the over all length of the port??? im looking around 35 to 40hz.

were do i punch in all these numbers correctly

just one port? just put 1 in the "# of ports" box, then put 4 inches in for diameter. then length is 9". you want the port to be at least the same distance as the diameter from the back of the box

With the calculator I'm getting 6.57sq" per foot. am I doing something wrong?

If I read the instructions correctly I am using 2 common walls for my port as it will be in

the center of the box. using the top and bottom as 2 of the port walls.

I messed with it for a while and cant get over the 7" per foot while keeping it at 32hz.

My dimensions are

13.5" tall

17" deep

57" wide

Is this box too wide? does that matter with sound quality?

If I am doing it totally wrong I apologize in advance.

Thanks.

Kevin

you are correct that it's 2 common walls. but you just simply need more port area. make your port width bigger and adjust the port length accordingly to maintain the tuning you want. and the box isn't too wide.

Thanks, I think I figured it out or am close.

Could you just check to make sure.

Im sure there is a much easier way to do this. haven't used this math in 20+ years so I'm rusty

excuse the 3rd grade art!

box1.jpg

I got the Cu Ft to 1.44 figured it shouldn't mess with the frequency too bad.

box.jpg

Seems like i did it wrong or at least different.

Thanks again

Kevin

Archived