Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

Say I build a box 15 inches high, i want the port to be as tall as the box, using ,75" thick. Do I put in 15 for the height, or do I put in 14.25"?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Say I build a box 15 inches high, i want the port to be as tall as the box, using ,75" thick. Do I put in 15 for the height, or do I put in 14.25"?

it would be 13.5" the port dimensions are inside measurements. and you would have .75 of wood on top and bottom

2 fi btl 18s on 2 crescendo 3500s walled in a 2dr 2000 alero build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141663-2-walled-btls-18-on-7k-in-a-2000-2dr-alero/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what about almost a T-line slot port?, is there a formula for the frequency to add into the calculator? not sure if its considered like 3 common walls or?

02 Ford Focus ZX3 hatch

4-Infinity Kappa 682.9cf's

DC Lvl 4

Hifonics BRZ 1200.1 @ 1 ohm

Kicker Wires

Rockford RCAs

Future Upgrades

Knu 1/0

XS Power D1200

80 mil audiotechnix B stock

Hey guys, first post here. I am trying to download the calculator. Obviously the extension needs to be .exe, but when I download I am not getting an option to change the extension. I am running windows 7 home premium if that makes a difference. I hate it for the record, doesnt run anything I need it to

Not too sure if you're interested Torres, but I'm currently attending training at Acoustic Edge in Houston, TX and my instructor - who is also the owner of Acoustic Edge - is very impressed with your calculator. He said it was very well designed and executed. :slayer: He also went as far as downloading it to help teach future students. Just thought I'd let you know man, also I enjoy it very much myself and find it very helpful.

RECOCKULUS1

i26kwj.jpg

I'm running 2 Skar ivx 10's, did I do everything correct? I'm trying a shared port in the center of the box. It's 2 common port walls for that right? Why isn't there any port dimensions in the cut list? Sorry for all the questions, still trying to figure out if im using this the right way.

Archived