Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

Recommendation / Request

OP - not sure if you plan any future releases of this awsome tool but I would ask that you add .7 to the "wood tihckness in inches" section. When using imported wood - such as baltic birch - they are made in mm which translate to .7 inches vs .75.

Thoughts or comments ?

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

• 4 weeks later...

that would be possible. i feel 5 hundredths of an inch isn't enough to alter a box enough to notice a difference. say you have a box that is 50" x 50" x 50" (absurd, right?) that's something around 72 cubes of gross volume. this translates into .4 or less of cubic feet of difference. so say you're typical box is like 9 gross cubes, that's 5 thousandths of a difference. but...user versatility is also a nice thing. the main reason i use preselected thicknesses is to avoid user error. i can see users putting in all kinds of wrong values because they're misinterpreting what to put in the box, regardless of what i type in the help window. some people don't even know that button exists :P lol. i will tinker around with some possibilities though. i need a new copy of visual basic since mine expired, but i'm going to finish building my new PC before installing it on there which i'll hopefully get done in a couple weeks, or asap when i get taxes in.

Here is a free version of visual basic released by Microsoft. http://www.thevbzone.com/vbcce.htm

Although it does not let you compile .exes neither allows you to work with database objects, I thought it might be of some help just to get a little head start on your project, and later you could just transfer your project to your version of vb.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys, I had a question about adding another baffle. I plan on building my first box and wanted it sub up, port back. If my boxes outer dimension would be 16in height on the calculator, with the extra baffle would it then make it 16.75in? Thanks.

Have you ever thought of a android version of this program?

yes i have. i'd love to do one, but honestly don't have the time.

Hey Guys, I had a question about adding another baffle. I plan on building my first box and wanted it sub up, port back. If my boxes outer dimension would be 16in height on the calculator, with the extra baffle would it then make it 16.75in? Thanks.

nope. extra baffles worth within the dimensions you enter. so keep in mind it'll reduce net volume

Have you ever thought of a android version of this program?

Don't forget apple haha. That would be amazing though

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

4 cubes tuned to about 34hz

DC 3.5k

1/0 Welding Supply Ultra Flex

Stock 140A alt

Stinger Fuses & Fuse Holders

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

Archived