Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

sounds like probably too much port area and/or not enough port length. try starting a topic in the enclosure section with box specs and whatnot, probably get more responses there. i'd like this thread to remain about comments/suggestions/criticism about the calculator please.

Will do, thanks!

im trying to clean this up so its only useful information. If youd like to have a question answered please create a new topic.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

calculator questions are fine, but yeah i don't have the time really to help design and tweak boxes. thanks nate :)

as for the update i've been talking about, it's pretty much done, just adding in different colors of backgrounds and font colors to choose from in case people want it other than just gray. still working on a printing issue, but don't know if it's within my means to fix it, we'll see tho.

i have a quick qestion. When you are puting in all your box dimensions and port sizes in the point is to get the "Port Area" in the "Port Area Range" to make your box function right? what does it do if you go higher or lower on the "Port Area"? Or am I way off? :noob:

no, it's not a puzzle to get port area in the range lol. port area range uses the general rule of 12-16 sq inches of port per foot (which i have taken out on the new one). so it's just that...a general rule. you can use more, or less, just depends on the whole install/vehicle/etc.

why shorter dimensions? to account for wood thickness? the calculator takes that into effect automatically. which can be adjusted to bigger/thinner thicknesses with the bullets by the different thicknesses.

to do sub up/port up, just click the sub and port up check boxes

Archived