Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

Question. I need a port 5"x5"X28" Can I make two ports 2.5"x5"x25" and it be the same. Or do I need to make it shorter or longer And if not is their a chance that you could modify the calculator to do like the round ports and let you select the quantity of ports. I'm trying to do sub up port back and keep it symmetrical.

height 11.5, width 34, depth 15, (port 5"x5"x25") sub disp. .18 wood thk. .75"

1.77 net vol

36.14 htz

please help.

The multiple port question has somewhat been answered. just have a question on the length.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

just gotta check for some consistencies in metric, make sure it's accurate. centimeters are accurate, so millimeters should be accurate as well since all i had to do was move the decimal point over in all the conversions. just as far as printing and whatnot. i'll try to get it up asap tho

Im sorry if this has already been answered, but my question is about the 'physical port length' vs the port length you enter. Which one is the center-line port length that you measure when making the box? The few boxes I did with this calculator, I believe I put the center-line length as the port length that you enter.

its been answered but sorry if i understand you correct TORRES with 2 slot ports if i need ex:30in sq port i could do (1)3x10 or(2)2x7.5 and same length for both options... gonna do badass lil setup in a 92 hatchback EG using an 8inch sub and soundstream 2ch... great deal on this amp while supplies last here the link...http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_19569_Soundstream_PCX2440.aspx

yes it's been answered a few times lol, but the physical port length is the length of the wood itself to make the port. the port length entered into the box is the effective port length, or the middle port length. so you are correct.

and yes jptx you are correct in your statement. as long as the surface area of the port is consistent, tuning will be about the same. just changes depending on how much wood displacement is used for multiple slot ports is all. but very very minute.

yes it's been answered a few times lol, but the physical port length is the length of the wood itself to make the port. the port length entered into the box is the effective port length, or the middle port length. so you are correct.

and yes jptx you are correct in your statement. as long as the surface area of the port is consistent, tuning will be about the same. just changes depending on how much wood displacement is used for multiple slot ports is all. but very very minute.

Thanks man!!

Just wanted to make sure, awesome work.

that's going to require a whole new program for me to code up. i'm working on getting to that point tho.

EDIT: i think i just finished this calculator tho. going to add the ability to change the background image/colors and upload it methinks. i'll still look into getting it to print on 64 bit windows still, just don't want that to be the only thing to hold it up

so...with a little research hopefully i'll be able to work on mobile versions :)

Are you saying if I build a slot port but divide it in 3 with partitions I will get the same results as when I keep the same port area and and keeping the tuning the same?

Reason why I am asking is that I heard that smaller ports are more musical...not sure if its due to the smaller area or due to more ports and better controlled port pressure. Dang not even sure if what I just said is true, but would love to know.

...Well that and I want to compare results to WinISD if you dont mind ;)which in the Beta version only have small areas which can be multiplied.

Thanks for all the effort buddy. :drinks:

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

Archived