IAMBUMP Posted February 22, 2009 Report Posted February 22, 2009 I thought I posted this before, but I couldn't find it in searching. Basically I have 4 8's and one of them slaps when I play them. They haven't been in a box in a long long time but I remember only one did this. I just wired two down (one of these is the one that slaps) and both wired down correctly to 2 ohms. It's possible that I wired them wrong when in the box, but is there a way to visually see damage that may cause this? If you've been doing something for 20 years, does that mean what you do it right??? __________________________________ Want: 2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS Comp Amp Undecided AA Havoc AQ 1200 knu wiring set scew lugs for all connections Alpine IDA-X303 2v preout --this goes under the seat. Have: Alpine tape deck w/ Benzi Box and 6 disc changer Check out my Toyota build
Torres Posted February 22, 2009 Report Posted February 22, 2009 on my E8, i broke the glue on the spiders that held them to the basket, and it caused this annoying clapping/clanking sound. take it out and lightly life up on the cone and see if you can see the spider separating from the basket
IAMBUMP Posted February 22, 2009 Author Report Posted February 22, 2009 on my E8, i broke the glue on the spiders that held them to the basket, and it caused this annoying clapping/clanking sound. take it out and lightly life up on the cone and see if you can see the spider separating from the basket was it really fuggin loud? this sounds like its almost slammin into the back plate or something. If you've been doing something for 20 years, does that mean what you do it right??? __________________________________ Want: 2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS Comp Amp Undecided AA Havoc AQ 1200 knu wiring set scew lugs for all connections Alpine IDA-X303 2v preout --this goes under the seat. Have: Alpine tape deck w/ Benzi Box and 6 disc changer Check out my Toyota build
AI James Posted February 22, 2009 Report Posted February 22, 2009 probably blown. or the weak ass spiders ripped on them if its one of the new ones
IAMBUMP Posted February 26, 2009 Author Report Posted February 26, 2009 probably blown. or the weak ass spiders ripped on them if its one of the new ones they are old, good 3-4 years. long before RE went with US. I will check the spiders more carefully even though the set is sold. maybe i can help out the new owner. all spiders are good and all coils read good. this is strange lol i say that because its like it just happened out of nowhere when it first happened, but all coils are good, all spiders are in tact (and still somewhat stiff, not sloppy), and they move freely with no rubbing. maybe it was just out of phase? If you've been doing something for 20 years, does that mean what you do it right??? __________________________________ Want: 2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS Comp Amp Undecided AA Havoc AQ 1200 knu wiring set scew lugs for all connections Alpine IDA-X303 2v preout --this goes under the seat. Have: Alpine tape deck w/ Benzi Box and 6 disc changer Check out my Toyota build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.