Fiberglass Weather Question

What is the coldest you've done resin in? It's in the low 30's here in NC right now and I need to start resining my box on the inside and also do 45's. It's going to be a high of about 50 today. Do you guys think that I'll be okay if I start to resin today, or should I wait until tomorrow or Thursday where it will be 57 and then 65?

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Do you have one of those big Heat lamps that you could setup and face it into the box?

No I wish that I did, but I don't even think that the wife would let me go buy one right now. She just spent $200 getting here licence plates yesterday.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

I'll be 10 degrees below you on average at all times(im in the mountains) and when I didn't do my install in the fall I went ahead gave up on it till spring.

Me personally,I wouldn't want to resin anything untill it was staying above 60 degrees.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Do you think that I'll have any problems with the resin not drying though? I'm not worried about working outside when it's a little cold, but I don't want it to take days to dry.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Do you think that I'll have any problems with the resin not drying though? I'm not worried about working outside when it's a little cold, but I don't want it to take days to dry.

Ya thats my comcern, not the working outside. LOL

I'm alittle scared that it won't cure well below 60 degrees. It might work great if you have the time to let your stuff sit and you might still need to bring it into the house to get it to finish cureing.

I'm not an expert though so maybe someone that nows more will chime in. PLEASE I have the same question too.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Thanks Iso. I'm debating weather to go out and give it a shot or not. I have to work at 4 so I got plenty of time to get the inside and outside coated. If the weather cooperates I could even get the 45's done today and have my shit playing by tomorrow!

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

I think that I may just mix a small test batch and see how long it takes to dry. I'll mix up enough to coat a piece of wood the thickness that I plan on putting it in the box and if it dries okay I'll move foward with it today. If not I'll just go out to the car and start on the wiring.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

for just the inside of the box it shouldnt matter to much if you have extra mekp.

cause you dont have to worry about getting it to hort and warping.

Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves

8 - Re SE 12"s

2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's

1 - vx4004 planet audio amp

big 3 1/0 gauge

MECHMAN 250 amp alt

MySpace