just wondering if anyone knows a little more info about twincharging since its pretty new to me... pretty much all ive read is you must run the air thru the super into the turbo or visa versa and that seems pretty inefficient. Would it be possible to get completely seperate everything for the turbo and the super and have them both enter the intake maniforld seperately with a valve on each "entrance". I figure if this is possible then it would be able to be computer tuned so the super is pushing air from 0-## rpm with a modified boost release to limit boost power and turbo from ## rpm - redline with the bov and wastegate tuned properly as well

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I've never charged from a supe and a turbo..but I've done several installs of dual turbos...and boy when them things spool...get out of the way!!!  lmao 

I remember one of my buddies in Cali...before he passed, had his truck spooling about 100lbs of boost...and there was no such thing as traction on that truck.

Honestly, with running the charger through the intake and the turbo off of the manifold...sounds riskly.  I'd be interested in talking to some engineers to see how much pressure would actually be injected into the motor and what the motors limit is.  I personally wouldn't try it.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

ive herd the stock internals in my 2.0 ecotech are good for ~20psi boost (12.5 from the factory)

but ya only technical stuff i read on twincharging is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twincharger

and supposivly someone is working on a twincharger kit for the cobalts to come out this fall but from the wik article it sounds like a PITA but it would be badass to have the instant power of the super and the top end of a turbo

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

That seems interesting to do both super and turbo, but as far as dual turbos go, they may look cool, but if you look at any fully modded supra or other stock twin turbo, they almost always go with one big turbo instead of two.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

If i remember right semi's used to have a twincharge system like you are talking about, it was on trucks one day, dont remember how it went, i think it was turbo to supercharger to engine, but couldnt tell you how it worked

yes that was on trucks... turbo ontop of an S/c

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

if you did that, my buddy told me a while ago that you would need a clutch for the supercharger. that way when you spool up the turbo, you wouldnt damage your supercharger by "overspooling" it.

oh ya now i remember that... do you know if the super/turbo were seperate or one into the other like described on that article i posted