Sonic Electronix

you cant change the ohm load of a single if so why would they make a dual?? ummm they got SVC and DVC...D4 or D2... Save ur money and just use it for an upgrade..

1996 Ford Taurus

----------------------------

2 yellow tops

1/0 gauge wire

800amp batcap

4gauge to amp

1 MCD Memphis 1100

3 kicker L7 10s (4)ohm droped

Pioneer 6*8s

jenson 200watt amp

Never seen that done befor maybe for JL subs and amps?

1996 Ford Taurus

2 yellow tops

1/0 gauge wire

800amp batcap

4gauge to amp

1 MCD Memphis 1100

Pioneer 6*8s

jenson 200watt amp

For all subs. I had that on my amp for a while but the fuse would pop so i took it off. But it works.

In those videos it shows me useing them in 2ohm load. But because i tried doing it in bridge it popped the fuse.

All i had was 30a and my amp needs 40a fuses. Tried it in 30a at 2ohm and popped.

Tried it at 30a at 4ohm and worked. Going to get me 40a as soon as Oriely's restocks.

I think it will all come down to if this guys friend actually knows how to build a box or not. If he can i think u might be fucked.

Yup.....

Someone please close this thread.....its all kinds of fail http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

fuse keeps poping cause its a sign that ur subs arent ment for 2ohm and ur amp cant take the ohm load..40 fuse on the amp should pop to if not ur amp prob gonna get really hot..

1996 Ford Taurus

2 yellow tops

1/0 gauge wire

800amp batcap

4gauge to amp

1 MCD Memphis 1100

Pioneer 6*8s

jenson 200watt amp

lol it gets hotter in 4ohm than in 2ohm. =/ I hate it. But yea it works that way.. *sigh* ima have to post a video on it bumping on 2ohms ill show you the wireing. It works. And it doesnt pop on 40a i dont know why but it doesnt.

I had a 25a fuse on mine beause i was demestrateing that it pops on 30a to a friend. And the 30a popped and he gave me a 25a and i couldnt even get my volume to 12 and it popped. Lol. so i just went home and grabbed my 30a's and put one in ;)

I have a good box its real thick. :) Trust me my box is good.

dont matter if its "thick", its all on how its design is, and how its built on the inside

edit: im gonna bet his kickers over your kenwoods. but its all in the setup so you cant really tell.

edit 2: why not just get a 40 amp fuse...the amp is meant for that and plus its only like $3

my memphis amp got 2 40 fuses never had them pop but its blown a share of my friends subs.. but good luck on that set up..

1996 Ford Taurus

2 yellow tops

1/0 gauge wire

800amp batcap

4gauge to amp

1 MCD Memphis 1100

Pioneer 6*8s

jenson 200watt amp

x2 this is a fail topic, im sry lol, now i ran my mtx 500d at 1ohm and it was only made for 2ohm and ran it like that for a year or so and didn't have any problems, i just wired it back to 4ohm cause i didn't have enulf backup for current draw, i sujest(sp) u call it off and use that $50 on upgradeing ur system man, not to say urs dont sound good but 2 cvx's with a powerbass amp could = http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

But with 4ohm I can re-wire to where it puts out to 2ohm.

Not if they are single voice coil.

Yes, two (2) svc 4 ohm subs can be wired together, your result is wiring in parallel for 2 ohms or in series for 8 ohm.

you cant change the ohm load of a single if so why would they make a dual?? ummm they got SVC and DVC...D4 or D2... Save ur money and just use it for an upgrade..

I got these Stinger Accumatch things at work. They trick the amp, I can have a 4 ohm svc sub play at a 1 or 2 ohm load with these. Or i can take a 1 ohm sub and change the resistance to 4 ohm.

Never seen that done befor maybe for JL subs and amps?

If you look a the images, its 1 amp 1 sub, and the other is 1 amp 2 subs wired in parallel for 2 ohms.

The most you can push any amp at is 2 ohms.

Archived