Sonic Electronix

the 3 12"s will be louder for that they have more cone area.

(And why did you ask the question and then dismiss what he said trying to help?)

That's why they call it a rhetorical question. :)

I think two 12 inch L5s powered by a proper amp in a big box will hit harder than three 12 Orions. These Orions are not very loud, and adding a third wouln't be a HUGE difference. I would go with two 12 L5s but that is just my opinon.

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

That's why they call it a rhetorical question. :)

I think two 12 inch L5s powered by a proper amp in a big box will hit harder than three 12 Orions. These Orions are not very loud, and adding a third wouln't be a HUGE difference. I would go with two 12 L5s but that is just my opinon.

Then why the fuck are you here asking us anything if you already have all the answers? You said he has two Orions and one L5. If he wants three subs then go with the Orions. If he only wants two subs then sell the Orions and buy another L5. It don't make a damn difference to me. I'm just recommending that you don't use completely different subs in a setup even if they are in different boxes and powered by different amps.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Then why the fuck are you here asking us anything if you already have all the answers? You said he has two Orions and one L5. If he wants three subs then go with the Orions. If he only wants two subs then sell the Orions and buy another L5. It don't make a damn difference to me. I'm just recommending that you don't use completely different subs in a setup even if they are in different boxes and powered by different amps.

this guy is rediculous!

why ask if he already has the answer

Yo, why are you getting mad? Like seriously. My question was would two 12 inch Orions sound bad mixed with a 12" L5, not what type of setup would be louder. If I had all the answers I wouldn't be on this webiste.

Setup in the makings

this guy is rediculous!

why ask if he already has the answer

I don't have the answer. I wanted to know if two different brands would sound bad together not if which setup would be louder. I had these two 12 orions before and trust me, they are not that loud. Adding a thrid wouldn't make a damn difference. Two 12 L5s backed up by a good amp in a good box will definately be louder.

Setup in the makings

I don't have the answer. I wanted to know if two different brands would sound bad together not if which setup would be louder. I had these two 12 orions before and trust me, they are not that loud. Adding a thrid wouldn't make a damn difference. Two 12 L5s backed up by a good amp in a good box will definately be louder.

yes it would not sound good, they have different sized boxes so dont produce the same sound.. and yes the 2 L5s given the right power and box will sound better.

yes it would not sound good, they have different sized boxes so dont produce the same sound.. and yes the 2 L5s given the right power and box will sound better.

Alright thanks. Well I guess I will just see what happens with my friend's setup. It is going to be in a Expedition. I would think that the bigger the car, the less "bad" it would sound?

Setup in the makings

Alright thanks. Well I guess I will just see what happens with my friend's setup. It is going to be in a Expedition. I would think that the bigger the car, the less "bad" it would sound?

i guess you could put it that way

i had two seperate 12s in a landcruiser and it wanged.. 1 polk audio 1 pioneer in differnt size boxes, they were only seeing 600 rms total but it was not a bad setup for 90 bucks from my cousins.

i guess you could put it that way

i had two seperate 12s in a landcruiser and it wanged.. 1 polk audio 1 pioneer in differnt size boxes, they were only seeing 600 rms total but it was not a bad setup for 90 bucks from my cousins.

yeah, I will let you guys know on how it turns out. Thanks for all the help for those that actually helped. :lol:

Setup in the makings

Archived