Some news about pokey......

Pokey

I had an appt at the VA hospital today. I was supposed to get blood drawn and have x-rays done for my back, as a follow up to the wreck, and of my ankles as a follow up to physical therapy I had to do a while back. Well, the doc is checkin me out and he says he reviewed the blood test results and all. He says I have to have stomach surgery if these pills don't work. Basically your lower stomach and colon are kleenex thin, and the muscles around mine are stretched out and the lining is pushing out causing internal bleeding and severe pain. While I was in Iraq, I messed up both of my ankles, and did it again once I got back to Texas, from running. I wore down the cartilage, tendons, and ligaments so bad that now I have to have reconstructive surgery on both of my ankles, ASAP. So that means sometimes in March/April after I get moved to Florida. I also had back x-rays taken, and I find out on Monday if I have to have back surgery too. So if that ends up happening, that would be around June/July. I was also given the option of having knee surgery cause I tore my ACL in my left knee a few years ago and it didn't heal right. But i'm gonna pass on that for now. It's not giving me problems ATM. MUSTANGS FTMFL!!!!!!

(For those who don't know, I was in a bad wreck in July 2005 and hurt my back pretty bad. Ended up getting medically discharged from the Army because of it. I had 4 vertebra out of place in my back, my neck had no curve left in it, and my hips twisted and rotated an inch total. I also tore almost everything in my right hip. I went through 9 months of rehab and a shitload of meds (38 bottles and counting) and shots in my spine (3 cortizone shots and a spinal block). I'm still trying to recover fully. We t-boned a chick doing 50mph and the airbags didn't deploy, but the seatbelts locked and fucked me up.

I've been busy with dealing with getting divorced and having to move accross the country, again. Leaving my 7 month old daughter up here. Finding another new job. Making new friends in a place I don't know and have only been to once. And now surgery. So this is just fucking great.....I'm tired, so I think I'm gonna take a nap. If you have my number and wanna talk some, go for it, but make it after 10 please. I need some rest after this shit.

Later days,

pokey

EDIT: I'm not doing this for folks to feel sorry for me. I posted this cause I feel like this place is family and I wanted ya'll to know. My own blood doesn't even know yet, so feel special.

Damit mang! Like it wasn't bad enough being over in Iraq! but all the injuries and a car crash! then a divorse and hving to leave a 7 month old behind. And now surgery. Your a trooper mang! Like David said take it slow and get better! I wish the best, and hope everything works out for you!

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

Hey guys....I really appreciate the support. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. I've never had any type of surgery, but it's not that I mind the procedure, it's just alot to deal with, ya know??

This really means alot to me that ya'll are giving me support through all this. And that's all I want...support from friends that I can actually talk with about things. It's wierd, but I can actually talk to ya'll more than I can to folks that I've met. I guess it's the not knowing you personally...IDFK.

I'll keep everyone updated throughout all of this...I never thought i'd end up in a wheelchair til I was like 75-80...LoL. But I guess I'll be there in the next few months. Looks like my competition hopes are done for this year, maybe. Oh well...I'll bounce back from this stronger than ever and make a splash somewhere along the lines...and everyone will hear about it, I hope. Thanks again fellas.........

Archived