Sampsonite Posted March 3, 2009 Report Posted March 3, 2009 I was dickin around on sketchup, and with my dementions, came up with a design............... I figured out that the front part of the port was the equivalent of 3.25"s wide. That being said, I've extended it using a 3.25" straight port. The tunning hasn't been figured, but you'll get the point that I can lengthen it to be what ever I want it to be this way. Let me know if this is a bad idea Quote --Sampson 816-591-6592 www.kcrimshop.com
Sampsonite Posted March 3, 2009 Author Report Posted March 3, 2009 4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users) 4 Members: footlongsam, James, HHR Ed, RobClay You guys are pretty intelegent and know what the F you're doing. Whats your input? Quote --Sampson 816-591-6592 www.kcrimshop.com
splzx3 Posted March 3, 2009 Report Posted March 3, 2009 i think some one has done a port like that on here all ready it looks good Quote ________________________________________________________________________ deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said: splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said: i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD lol your mom is a G! WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.
eliassami5 Posted March 3, 2009 Report Posted March 3, 2009 there is already someone using this same design and he has a build log, pm him maybe he can tell you how well it works. Quote 91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep Just Empty Every Pocket 96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x [sPL_4_U] HiFonics - Alpine Pioneer - Clarion Infinity - Kicker KnuKonceptz
Sampsonite Posted March 3, 2009 Author Report Posted March 3, 2009 (edited) I wasn't asking about the kerf(sp)ing part. I was talking about the port 'extention' where it 'L's. I didn't want any cancelation/distortion..... EDIT: And ya, I know... Its Pat in the flying white sausage project. Where I stole the idea Edited March 3, 2009 by footlongsam Quote --Sampson 816-591-6592 www.kcrimshop.com
Kapetol T Posted March 3, 2009 Report Posted March 3, 2009 I wasn't asking about the kerf(sp)ing part. I was talking about the port 'extention' where it 'L's. I didn't want any cancelation/distortion.....EDIT: And ya, I know... Its Pat in the flying white sausage project. Where I stole the idea As long as both parts have the same area you are fine Quote
aznboi3644 Posted March 3, 2009 Report Posted March 3, 2009 yeah...as long as the area is the same tuning should not be affected. Quote
audiofanaticz Posted March 3, 2009 Report Posted March 3, 2009 I see it working fine, but it will be a lot of work. Hopefully you have a pretty accurate way to calculate tuning. My other concern would be the back port wall, how it is flat, I think this may not only make it hard to tune the box with a curved side and flat side port, but change port velocity Tho it does look very bad ass! I just think it be a lot of work. Quote
Kapetol T Posted March 3, 2009 Report Posted March 3, 2009 I see it working fine, but it will be a lot of work.Hopefully you have a pretty accurate way to calculate tuning. My other concern would be the back port wall, how it is flat, I think this may not only make it hard to tune the box with a curved side and flat side port, but change port velocity Same cross-sectional area = same port velocity regardless of shape (within moderation......) Quote
Sampsonite Posted March 3, 2009 Author Report Posted March 3, 2009 Thanks for the input guys! We'll see what happens with this Quote --Sampson 816-591-6592 www.kcrimshop.com
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.