Pt Door Pods...

your fiberglassing gets nicer and nicer

why not go for grew suede? a yard is only like 9 bux with shipping. unless your box is sstill covered in black carpet, i just think it would be weird to have black carpet in a car that's all grey suede and plastic

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

your fiberglassing gets nicer and nicer

why not go for grew suede? a yard is only like 9 bux with shipping. unless your box is sstill covered in black carpet, i just think it would be weird to have black carpet in a car that's all grey suede and plastic

My wall is grey. PT's are multi colored inside from the factory. The only think that is black is the aftermarket seats (for now). The console is black bedliner, covered by grey suede panels.

Lol....let me say this again.....FAKE SUEDE DOES NOT STRETCH! :P:D

I used the $9 suede on my armrest and console side panels.

It was pretty time consuming to get this semi-backed carpet to stretch as it is, much easier than the fake suede!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

My panel is completely flat so I plan to spray glue the ensolite foam sheet to the back to act as a gasket. I will remove the panel from the car, and use 3 small bolt/nuts with some wide washers and just bolt them to the panel from inside the pod.

(Can't see your pic while at work), I'll take a look when I get home. The best way to do uneven panels would be to cover the door panel with tape or aluminum foil and glass (the back of the pod) to match the shape of the door exactly, then build off of that. (Sorry if you already knew that!) :P

Sand and sand, the first pice of wood that will go against the panel....... OR cover the panel and actually Lay some glass down and use that...

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

My wall is grey. PT's are multi colored inside from the factory. The only think that is black is the aftermarket seats (for now). The console is black bedliner, covered by grey suede panels.

Lol....let me say this again.....FAKE SUEDE DOES NOT STRETCH! :P:D

I used the $9 suede on my armrest and console side panels.

It was pretty time consuming to get this semi-backed carpet to stretch as it is, much easier than the fake suede!

PT is very sweet...

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

They look nice man!

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

My panel is completely flat so I plan to spray glue the ensolite foam sheet to the back to act as a gasket. I will remove the panel from the car, and use 3 small bolt/nuts with some wide washers and just bolt them to the panel from inside the pod.

(Can't see your pic while at work), I'll take a look when I get home. The best way to do uneven panels would be to cover the door panel with tape or aluminum foil and glass (the back of the pod) to match the shape of the door exactly, then build off of that. (Sorry if you already knew that!) :P

Thanks for the info man!!!!! Thats exactly what I needed to know!!!!! (But if you do see something in the pic that I should look out for, let me know, this will be my first attempt at anything like this) :good:

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

Thanks guys. I did only one layer of fiberglass cloth on them. Sorry I did not take a pic at that step, but once I get the gloves on and the resin out, I don't touch my camera! :D They are solid and since I won't be running a lot of power to them, I did not feel any need for more than one layer of glass cloth on them.

May03LT...

If I had your panel, I would cover that whole corner with masking tape or foil and make a fiberglass mold of the shape of the panel there, then trim it to how you want the edge, then build off of that shaped base plate. That way it would turn out looking the nicest.

I am sure there are some pics around here that could give you some visual ideas to see.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG