Mustang Build Log- NEW VIDEO

8.5:1 compression. Stock-as-a-rock pistons, head bolts, main bolts, and everything else. My goal is to put 500 hp to the wheels on a totally stock junkyard motor. I've made good power with stock parts before, it's all about the tune.

I hope that you don't have high hopes for that engine staying together long cause its either going to end with a blown head gasket, a burnt piston or a rod through the block or oil pan. What pound injectors do you plan on running?

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

if he replaced the rod, main, and head studs with ARP ones, that motor would be perfectly fine at 500whp, especially with that turbo, 500whp will probably come at 10psi.. and 10psi is nothing on a stock 8.5:1 motor

actually now that I think about it, that motor should be fine fresh out of the junkyard

if he replaced the rod, main, and head studs with ARP ones, that motor would be perfectly fine at 500whp, especially with that turbo, 500whp will probably come at 10psi.. and 10psi is nothing on a stock 8.5:1 motor

actually now that I think about it, that motor should be fine fresh out of the junkyard

Oh really??? 10 psi on hypereutectic pistons is a recipe for disaster.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

what are your goals for power? I have that A1000 sitting on my desk.. just so people know, its about the size of a 32oz Gatorade bottle

My goal is to put 500 to the wheels at about 14psi, for daily use I will probably run 8-9 psi on pump gas.

I've run a 306 in it for the past 7 years, it put 520 hp/ 580ft/lbs to the wheels on Dynojet Dyno.

I hope that you don't have high hopes for that engine staying together long cause its either going to end with a blown head gasket, a burnt piston or a rod through the block or oil pan. What pound injectors do you plan on running?

Boy, for someone as knowledgable about what kind of HP cast pistons will take, I would think that you would know what a carbereted intake manifold looks like. :)

This isn't my first Rodeo- making junk parts live is all about the tune-up. The stock 100K mile 5.0 in this same car survived a 200HP nitrous kit for 2 years, and was in great running condition when I pulled it out. Obviously, a stock motor isn't going to have great durability at 500hp, but it will live for a while, providing that there isn't already damage to anything in the rotating assymbly. There is actually a large school of thought that high milage motors actually hold tegether pretty well under boost because the surfaces have been together for so long, and everything has been heat cycled and broken in. Also, the factory torque-to-yield bolts have proven to work quite well, provided that they have never been loosened and re-torqued, not to mention that Windosrs use a 1/2" head bolt and 3/8" rod bolts instead of the whimpy 7/16" and 5/16" bolts on a 5.0.

I have a 1969 C9OE windsor block on the stand that will be getting forged rods/pistons and some decent heads. That motor will eventually replace the junkyard mill and will be expected to make around 700 hp with good reliability.

Looks good man,

Sounds like you already know, your Windsor will be fine at 8-9 and 500 ponies, 14 will be cool to just keep the fuel to her.

Your turbo looks a little big for the rpm you will be turning, but the 10" will help you spool her up..

It will be so different from your spray set-up, It will come out soft and then just pull like a mother f------, freight train

Keep up the Badazzl build, probably the worst will be finishing the Fab of the headers, keep at man looks like some mad skills.

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

Looks good man,

Sounds like you already know, your Windsor will be fine at 8-9 and 500 ponies, 14 will be cool to just keep the fuel to her.

Your turbo looks a little big for the rpm you will be turning, but the 10" will help you spool her up..

It will be so different from your spray set-up, It will come out soft and then just pull like a mother f------, freight train

Keep up the Badazzl build, probably the worst will be finishing the Fab of the headers, keep at man looks like some mad skills.

Yeah, there is no qustion the Turbine is way to big for 351 cubes at 5,000 rpm, but I wanted to do all the fabrication around a T6 frame so that I wouldn't have to re-do it when I put a real motor in there. I figure that between the transbrake and two-step, I should easily be able to build enough boost for a nice launch.

I think the A1000, -10 AN lines, sumped tank, and 750DP should be able to supply plenty of fuel for 500hp, providing I don't screw up the carb tune. I have an AEM wideband in the car, so I can keep an eye on it.

that a1000 will pump out plenty of fuel and there is no such thing as a turbo thats too big.. if it doesn't spool fast enough, just add some nitrous to help spool it up then have the cut off rpm at whatever the turbo makes boost at

Archived