Mustang Build Log- NEW VIDEO

I swear the only people that I've heard say that they tune by the plugs are the guys who have been around and know what they are doing. That's all I ever heard when I was asking around about my big nitrous build I had going, everyone said the best was to tune it was by checking the plugs after every run

if you know what to look for on the plugs you can tune accordingly. best way to do it imo is, install a fresh set of plugs while on the dyno, make a pass ..shut it down and check the plugs.

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

I swear the only people that I've heard say that they tune by the plugs are the guys who have been around and know what they are doing. That's all I ever heard when I was asking around about my big nitrous build I had going, everyone said the best was to tune it was by checking the plugs after every run

There is a reason Prostock teams read sparkplugs instead of a wideband. The plugs don't lie.

Images fixed.

Well, seeing as how my Transmission grenaded in the first week, I've had a little time to go back and sort some things out. I re-did the alternator and bracket setup, and converted to an electric water pump. This should fix the belt wrap problem, and be reliable. (if the proform pump doesn't suck)

FYI- Don't plan on installing your Proform pump right out of the box. They ship it with Chevy waterpump bolts, which won't fit through the holes on the waterpump, nor will they fit a small block ford ANYWHERE. Also, the lower radiator hose exits directly into the ballancer, so I had to make my own on a lathe. After 3 days of making parts, and redesigning the alternator bracket, I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I also fabbed up a puke tank for the crank-case venting. There doesn't seem to be any problems with crankcase pressure now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is a reason Prostock teams read sparkplugs instead of a wideband. The plugs don't lie.

Part of the problem is if you just go be the wideBand, you can be really rich and "Burning in the pipes" which will give you a lean reading and the plugs will be black showing what is really going on. When we tune my turbo bike we use both, keep a eye on the EGT's about 1325. and then plug the plugs under a magnifying glass and look for melted aluminum. :shok:

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

Archived