Sonic Electronix

Hello, i recently got a 275 A alternator DC Powers, and I'm not using the Bass Eq Knob. I'm running a stock head unit. My question is, now that I have a bigger alternator soon to have the Big 111 done, would it be ok to turn the voltage setting up on my amp alittle higher and can I keep the Bass EQ on the amp where its at or should I turn that down and turn the voltage up? I don't wanna risk clipping or blowing my amp or subs, I'm at a steady 14.4 volts. The Bass EQ is set to like all most all the way the voltage is I don't think I set it, or it's set at half way. My asking of this is because i've given demos and am not satisfied with the re action at where it's at. I know alot of people have Crunch GP 3000, so what would u reccommend for my set up? 2 12's DC lvl 4's duel 1's Crunch GP 3000, and 275 A alternator.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

why do you have the bass boost cranked up?

the Bass EQ on the amp it's at like 80% the voltage on the amp is 0. I'm running a Stock head unit which is why the Bass Boost is turned up I keep the Bass settings on my head unit in the middle bar. It doesn't say "Bass Boost' It says Bass Eq.

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

it shouldnt matter that you have a stock deck turn that shit offand set the gains the right way

heres what it says in the manual.

Line input line output balanced input level phase remote bass eq subsonic lowpass power protect

what do you want me to have all the settings at so it's proper?

cuz I don't have one of those tools where u can use to set ur amp correctly.

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

"my amp don't have a gain knob, it's got subsonic filter, low pass filter, Bass EQ, Voltage 0 to 14, and some other thing that I don't have the tool for. Also Phase. Even if I did have a gain i wouldn't turn it all the way up cuz my old amp had a gain."

...that's your gain, if im not mistaken

Team Tupperware

<First dual-alternator 'real' Saturn (pre-2002) on the planet>
(3) 15" Fi SP4's fed by (2) M3a's strapped @ .667
12.75 cubes net @ 25Hz with 200 sq inches of port area (lowz...?)
Stock alt position (custom bracket) 225 amp Mechman

Roof = steel and fiberglass (u mad?)
(2) XS Power D3100's, (2) rhino batts, No battery upfront (for now, smh)
4 power+ 4 ground runs of 1/0-gauge to rear
"If its been done before...you're doing it wrong" : )

"stfu about scores and float $hit..."

The amp does to have a gain control. A gain control is the input voltage, it's the same thing. Turn that bass boost off. That's exactly why you burnt your tinsel leads on your subs before. DO NOT turn the bass boost up at all. Set the gain a conservative 40 or so volts without the speaker wires hooked up. You will need a 50hz tone to do so and a dmm that reads ac voltage.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

The amp does to have a gain control. A gain control is the input voltage, it's the same thing. Turn that bass boost off. That's exactly why you burnt your tinsel leads on your subs before. DO NOT turn the bass boost up at all. Set the gain a conservative 40 or so volts without the speaker wires hooked up. You will need a 50hz tone to do so and a dmm that reads ac voltage.

actually, that was cuz I turned the volume all the way up on the head unit plus the Bass settings on head unit up giving a demo.

I've had no problem with having the Bass Eq where it's at, no smelling, no clipping, nothing like that sort at all but that doesn't mean I can't be doing damage to my set up little by little.

I gotta get rdy for work but I do have a dmm that reads ac voltage.

I'm not off till wednesday.

so, I will turn the Bass EQ all the way down, and I should turn what up?

what does Phase do?

and Level?

says the phase is adjustable from 0 to 180 degrees what does that mean?

Level allows you to match the amp input sensitivity to the output level of the radio/cd

whats that mean?

lol I just want 3000 rms

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

hey check it out i have that amp!

and hey i have crappy input voltage as well!! :)

keep the "Bass EQ" all the way down and only use the gain when setting. I cant tell you exactly where to go, but i have low pre amp voltage and have a max gain setting without clipping on the Oscope. x2 with nightshade, no bass boost!!!

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew