Sonic Electronix

hey check it out i have that amp!

and hey i have crappy input voltage as well!! :)

keep the "Bass EQ" all the way down and only use the gain when setting. I cant tell you exactly where to go, but i have low pre amp voltage and have a max gain setting without clipping on the Oscope. x2 with nightshade, no bass boost!!!

-Drew

Oki, Bass Eq will be all the way down, so what do I change to get the same effect?

I'm not actually in my car atm to check the amp I got the box and the manual though what part of my amp is the gain that I should set?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Oki, Bass Eq will be all the way down, so what do I change to get the same effect?

I'm not actually in my car atm to check the amp I got the box and the manual though what part of my amp is the gain that I should set?

You want to adjust the input voltage. The knob that says level is the one that your going to need to turn up.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Ok guys, quick run to my car turned the Bass EQ all the way down, turned the phase all the way back to left, and Level all the way to left, the subsonic filter and lowpass filter is fine where it's at.

What should my Phase be? and how far should Level go?

my low pass is set to 35 all the way to the left out of 250z.

my subsonic is set to 30-35hz.

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Ok guys, quick run to my car turned the Bass EQ all the way down, turned the phase all the way back to left, and Level all the way to left, the subsonic filter and lowpass filter is fine where it's at.

What should my Phase be? and how far should Level go?

my low pass is set to 35 all the way to the left out of 250z.

my subsonic is set to 30-35hz.

The phase should have a 0-180 degrees and you should have it set at 0 in order to have your subs firing in the correct order. I would turn the level up to at least half until you can get it set with a dmm.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

The phase should have a 0-180 degrees and you should have it set at 0 in order to have your subs firing in the correct order. I would turn the level up to at least half until you can get it set with a dmm.

Ok, cuz I noticed my LEVEL was set all the way to NEUTRAL so i'm put it half way, and than weds or thursday ill talk to my buddie n test it. How can I see how many watts my amp is actually putting out?

how do I know if im getting 3000 rms or not it's a 12 volt amp at 12 volts pushes out 3000 my cars at 14.4 volts which would be 3000 rms right?

Guys, thanks for all the help I had no idea that I was in danger of blowing my shit, yet again which this time I could not afford to replace, thanks all for the "i gotta help this kid he's a dumb ass and will blow his shit if I don't help him" feed back =).

much love

but I gotta get rdy for my shift cuz im managing tonight.

If sum1 could post the steps using the dmm meter I'd appreciate that as well

I'll check this out when I get home so I hope to see a little bit more helpful posts.

Thanks guys!

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

with mine i got around 2800wrms @12v

keep in mind there is only so much power and if you try and get any more than that your just going to cook coils

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Bass boost kills subs. Someday they will make amps without it.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Allright small update, the Bass EQ is at 0, the Phase is at 0. I fixed the Subsonic filter, & the low pass filter, I got the Level a tad over half way and I got the Bass setting on the head unit 90% and it's about as loud as it was with the Bass Boost but more clearer, and not as much rattling, and sounds a lot better.

Thanks guys for all the support, and now i'm no longer in danger of damaging my equipment, if it helps I've only had the Bass Eq up for a couple days.

All I got left to do is the Big 111 I got a Kinetic 2400, and my only question is Im running a 250A fuse currently to the amp, I need another fuse for the Big 111 should It be 300 considering how many amps i'm working with? and where should I put the 2nd fuse?

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19